Weʼre raising £250 to Gambian School Development.
- Gambia, Southern Province, Sierra Leone
- International volunteering
- Time left
- 10 days to go
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.Read more
I have been given a great opportunity to travel to The Gambia in January 2017, to help with a school development. Donations will help go towards the development of the school, library and the local community.
Global Hands, the charity which supports the development has core aims which are:
1. To carry out activities which benefit the community and in particular;
2. To promote social cohesion and social justice.
3. To work towards empowering the most vulnerable members of society, especially young people.
4. To promote projects that promote global equity and address issues of international development and globalisation.
5. To promote an understanding of global issues.
More information can be found on http://www.global-hands.co.uk/
Help spread the word, and as an added extra..........
to help tempt you to donate generously, I will be completing a 5k mud run in the freezing cold, dressed as Santa Clause on the 17th of December 2016. (Please see the link below for more information.) If anybody would like to join me, the more the merrier!! Come along and help me raise money for a great cause. For those who would like to leave all of the fun (and cold) to me, please donate as much as you can. I know Christmas is an expensive time of the year for everybody. However, anything you can give will really benefit the community over in the Gambia and make a massive difference to their lives.
Thank you so much for any donations.
Share this story
Clare Robinson20 days ago
Yellow fever Jab booked in - £60, would you believe?! For those of you that know me well, I will need protection against everything going will cost me a fortune :-)
Share this update to help us raise more
Clare Robinson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 3, 2016
Dec 3, 2016
Dec 2, 2016
Become a supporter
Help Clare Robinson raise more