Weʼve raised £2,210 to help us raise funds for my sister, Natalie, to help her train and continue to support and maintain a medical alert dog
- London, United Kingdom
- Disability support
- Time left
- Funded on Thursday, 21st September 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
My sister, Natalie, has been suffering from complex needs from the age of 15, she is now 21. In 2010 she had scoliosis, which means she had a curve in the spine, and it was getting so bad that if she didn't have the surgery, there was a possibility that it could crush her internal organs in the future.
From the surgery, her conditions started developing, and they have worsened in recent years. She was a girl who would swim, dance and play golf for hours, and she now is in a wheelchair 80% of her time and suffers from pain, pass outs, dislocations and seizures.
Natalie has lots of challenging conditions.
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome 3 (EDS) which causes extreme hyper-mobility in her joints/muscles/tendons. This means she can daily dislocate and sublux all her joints including shoulders, jaw, hips and her ribs.
- Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) which symptoms cause her to pass out, have seizures, numbness in her limbs and memory loss.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) which causes her chronic pain in her back and other parts of her body.
- Postural Tachycardia Syndrome which causes her blood pressure to rise and drop causing her to feel unwell and also pass out.
- Venus Pooling which makes her blood rush to her legs and feet when she stands up, making her dizzy and dropping her blood pressure, which means she can't walk far distances.
We have been researching support pets, and have read so many accounts of people that have benefitted so greatly from support dogs, that they are able to alert their owner about seizures, blood sugars, and if they feel unwell, allowing them precious time to sit down or call for help. More importantly, a support dog can alert for help when their owner is completely helpless.
We could like to give Natalie some of her independence back and have a support dog help her in a daily battles with her conditions. The money raised will go to the training and maintenance of the dog now and forever.
Updates appear here
Helena Stimson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 23, 2017
chris from the 2 brewers
Jul 4, 2017
Wish you much love Helen and hope for the future xxx
Jun 28, 2017
Hope you reach the target soon. Best wishes. Chris & Judy
Jun 27, 2017
All the best in reaching your target . Best wishes Nicos and Helen Andronicou
Jun 27, 2017
All the best in reaching your target. And I wish a speedy recovery to Natalie
Jun 27, 2017
Good luck. Sending lots of prayers and blessings to all your family Laura 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Jun 20, 2017
Best of luck reaching your target, Laura x
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
London, United Kingdom
My sister, Natalie, has been suffering from complex needs from the age of 15, she is now 21. We would like to help her maintain and train a support dog to help her in her daily struggle.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.