Weʼve raised £0 to purchase a property. Provide supported housing for young people who are 16 to 25 year old and who are care leavers and or are homeless.
- West Norfolk, United Kingdom
- Closed on Wednesday, 1st February 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I have been working with Children for the last 20 years, which has meant I have a range of working experiences. These are as follows:
• Local High School - an in house learning support unit
• LA run Children’s home
• Privately run Children's home
• Privately run residential home for adults with learning difficulties
• Children’s Services - Looked After and Leaving Care
I have been also involved with a small fund raising group since 1999, which has involved working with children and their families in Egypt (organising and building a school) and Ghana (identifying potential students for sponsorship through their education).
My current role means that I work with the 16 -25 age group. I see first-hand the difficulties that they face on a daily basis to establish themselves often without the support of their families. Navigating through life is not easy at any age, but combine that with the not knowing where you are going to be living.
You need the stability and support to make the right choices for yourself and if you get it wrong, then you need the non-judgemental approach so you can learn from the experience and continue to move forward to your goals.
As a result, I wish to work more directly and make a real difference in their lives so I will provide the following services:
• Supported accommodation - (16 – 25 year olds)
• Supporting young people with all aspects of their independence skills
• Supporting young people with their education
• Supporting young people with their employment
• Re-unification work with their estranged families
Due to the current lack of good accommodation and changes in social attitudes towards this age group, I wish to redress the balance and enable them to be successful in whatever they wish to do.
With your support this goal can become a reality and you will be able to make a difference in young people’s lives with me by your donation.
~ We are only limited by the foundations that we build upon ~
Updates appear here
David Griffin started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
West Norfolk, United Kingdom
I live in West Norfolk. I have been involved with a small fund raising group since 1999, which has included working in Egypt and Ghana. I'm currently working with children (16 - 25 year olds) and now wish to support them in a more direct way by providing supported housing.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.