On Friday my mum was diagnosed with advanced cancer. She had been unwell, but had none of the traditional symptoms. It started in her ovaries and has now spread to her liver, as well as causing abdominal fluid to build up, her condition has deteriorated rapidly over the weekend.
Despite fluid being removed we do not know how much longer we have together and want to realise some of her life-long dreams.
Should we reach the target we've set, any additional money we receive will be donated to several cancer charities to avoid such agressive cancers from taking so many lives.
Here are some of the things on my mum's bucket list:
1. Go to see the Northern Lights
2. Be at a live Strictly show (not the tour but the actual TV show)
3. (One I suggested) Visit an elephant or turtle sanctuary
4. See Michael Bublé or Ludovico Einaudi in Concert
5. Go to South East Asia to a tropical Island
6. Swim with Dolphins
7. Be a pilot for a day
8. Afternoon Tea at the Ritz
Share this story
Serene Henderson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 21, 2016
This is for the loveliest lady I have had the pleasure of meeting. Your daughter's just as lovely too. Thank you for all you've done, keep fighting and hope this helps your bucket list happen.
Become a supporter
Help Serene Henderson raise more