Weʼve raised £0 to develop a safe return programme of training, in support of vulnerable and at risk children that run away or go missing from home or care.
- Shropshire - United Kingdom
- Children and youth
- Time left
- Closed on Thursday, 5th January 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised
In the UK, a child is reported missing every three minutes. Research suggests that even more children are going missing but not being reported as missing to the police - this could be as many as one every minute.
With one in five of these children potentially being subject to child sexual exploitation (CSE), we are preparing to do everything that we can to raise awareness, prevent this from happening, and ensure that children know where to turn to if they feel they have no choice but to run away. (CEOP 2015)
Our Return Vision for Missing Children:
Step 1 is to develop an evidence based training package to support children and young people that are at risk of significant harm through running away from home or care, so that interviewers can;
1. Understand the risks that the child was exposed to during a missing from home episode
2. Enable trained interviewers to share relevant and important information with the right professionals to safeguard the child from further harm
3. Explore the underlying causes for the missing episode and the associated ‘push/pull’ feelings
4. Help to reduce and prevent the risks of further episodes of running away
5. Provide risk reduction and ‘Stay Safe’ advice if a child chooses to run away again
Step 2 (once Step 1 has been funded and achieved)
1. Develop and provide an evidence based programme of pre and post missing intervention and support
2. Campaign to ensure that high quality missing return interviews for all children and young people are scheduled and undertaken by an accredited and fully competent professional, and reported to all relevant agencies within 72 hours of the child's return
Sarah Morgan started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
About the fundraiser
Shropshire - United Kingdom
Safeguarding the futures of vulnerable and 'at risk' children and young people through preventative approaches and proactive early intervention.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding