Weʼve raised £50 to Pay a Christian worker to deliver our S.L.A.V.E. film and educational project
- United Kingdom
- Funded on Friday, 27th January 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The issue of sexual exploitation is a global one and has been highlighted by a number of court cases in recent times. Young people are targeted by predators, regardless of their demography, culture or gender. We believe that this project can raise awareness and help young people to see the difference between abusive and healthy relationships, avoid the traps, be aware of dangers, feel confident to contact authorities and, for those who have become entrapped, provide hope.
The Programme will be delivered by our team alongside networks all over the UK such as Azalea, Esteem, Lovewise, NWG, Love146 and Stop the Traffik, and uses the film Seeing Grace as well as discussion and immersive, interactive activities to explore and find solutions to some of the issues raised in the film, which include:
• The reasons behind choices teenagers make about their sexual activities
• Peer influence (positive and negative)
• Issues surrounding friendship, love and exploitation/abuse
• Vulnerability and susceptibility to exploitation
• Gangs – their influence and modus operandi
• Consumerism and its effect on relationships and young people
• The impact of adult support and boundaries on young people and their resulting level of vulnerability
• The effect of bullying or a fear-prevalent environment on choices young people make.
Young people respond well to a narrative through a medium that they are very familiar with, that will impact both emotionally and educationally.
Your donation, however small, can help us to make this important film and educational resource available to thousands of young people in the UK and abroad! We need to fund a part-time worker to design the content of this programme and develop current and new partnerships, as well as train up professionals and church workers to use this resource.
For information a trailer of the film as well as media coverage and a behind the scenes film: www.seeinggrace.uk
Updates appear here
- 1 year ago
Mary Scott1 year ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Mary Scott started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 7, 2016
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
I am a Trustee of Phoenix Performing Arts Trust and Director of TouchPoint Productions. We are passionate about producing works of theatre that bring change to our society for good, founded on the person and work of Jesus Christ.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.