Weʼve raised £0 to Diversity, Health and Management of Pixie-bob Gene Pool/Bloodlines.
- Margate, Kent, United Kingdom
- Animals and pets
- Time left
- Closed on Sunday, 25th December 2016
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised
While I am the driving force for this cause and coordinating it, I simply cannot do this single-handedly. But the common goal is to :-
1) To prevent further loss of Pixiebob-bloodlines from ailing catteries, by purchase and/or distribution of lines to active programs.
2) Avoid in-breeding issues within the overall active worldwide gene-pool, by raising catteries awareness of the saturation levels of bloodlines, and what lines based on this should be considered/avoided.
3) The Conservation and Preservation of Rare and/or Old lines by including them into current Pixie-bob breeding programs.
4) The Creation of New lines to reduce the threat of over-saturation through excessive distribution of specific lines.
5) Maintain Diversity and health. Support to catteries helping preserve rare bloodlines. Aid and educate catteries on the correct approach of a CREATION of new bloodline using non-pedigree domestic Longhair/shorthair cats. Keeping the diversity is key to health in the gene pool.
5) Generally education to existing Pixie-bob catteries, to comprehend they are custodians of bloodlines that contribute to the gen-pool and it is key to the breeds success that proper management using all of the above is considered for the pool, to look beyond at the bigger picture and not just their Pixie-bob program.
Finally it's not just about the money. We DO need Funds and Volunteers to rescue lines, also to manage programs that are incorporating these rare and/or newly created lines.
Funds for show presence/attendance to raise awareness of the breed to captivate future catteries in our cause.
We need Volunteers for background research, for logistics and cattery liaison, fostering lines until a cattery placement can be found, and lastly for breed awareness publications and advertising aimed at the general public.. so pet homes are available for retirees from programs and kittens that are unsuitable to be used for breeding.
Kelly McGlasson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding