Weʼve raised £120 to help fund my trip to Tanzania to do volunteer work.
- Altrincham, United Kingdom
- International volunteering
- Time left
- Funded on Wednesday, 8th March 2017
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
As this page is closing due to the 120 day limit on JustGiving pages please can you donate to my new page:
instead. Thank you.
Hello my name is Liz. I am in year 11 at Urmston Grammar and in the summer of 2017 I am going to be spending a month in Tanzania with Camps International. for my trip to Tanzania in 2017 I need to raise £4,500 to pay for the trip and for the projects we will be doing while we are out there.
I have raised over £3000 so far from busking so I only need to raise £1500 more. I have a concert coming up at the Larkhill Centre: Thorley Lane, Timperley, Altrincham, WA15-7AZ On Saturday 11th March 2017 from 7:00 – 9:00. If you or any friends could join me there it would be greatly appreciated.
My Trip to Tanzania:
It will be a great learning experience as I will be immersed in a very different culture and learning about what life is like for people who don’t have easy access to clean water, school equipment e.g. books, pens or desks.
Examples of previous projects by Camps International that I am looking forward to getting involved with include:
• Building desks for the children who would otherwise be sat on the floor doing their work.
• Building classrooms for the school children so they have safe places to learn.
• Rhino sanctuary maintenance work.
• Installing fresh water tanks at schools and in villages, so they have easy access to fresh and clean water.
• Making ethical elephant deterrents to protect the locals’ crops, this also reduces elephant poaching and increases the crop production of the village. So they have more to eat and trade with
• Digging elephant water holes and helping elephants to survive the dry season
I am doing a variety of things to raise the money for the trip, including:
• Cake sales
• Collection at a dance recital
• Busking (Singing – I have sung for about 40 hours so far!)
Liz Fraser started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Feb 28, 2017
Sing your heart out Liz and have an amazing adventure when you get to Tanzania, love from Madeleine, Sam and Tracey xx
Feb 28, 2017
Have a fantastic time! Hope to make it to the concert too but here is something to get you on your way. Best of luck, Nicky, Phil, George and Irina xxx
Feb 28, 2017
Good luck sorry we can't make the concert. Benjy Evie and Freddie jones
About the fundraiser
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Hello my name is Liz. I am currently in year 11 at Urmston Grammar and in the summer of 2017 I am going to be spending a month in Tanzania with Camps International.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding