Weʼve raised £0 to Help fund a poor bright child to attain education by providing them with a classroom, reading and writing materials.
- Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Closed on Friday, 2nd December 2016
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Lochor-aikeny nursery school was established under the patronage of pastor Gabriel Ekipetot of the Kenya Assemblies of God (KAG) Lochor-aikeny chapel in the year 2014. The school had an enrolment of 60 pupils whose half was girls. Being in a arid County of Turkana, the school has since faced tensions of closure due to several issues including;
1. lack of a classroom for the pupils who have been studying and worshipping under an acacia tree with logs of palm being their desks.
2. Insufficient supply of food. A times they get some help from the neighbouring Lochor-aikeny primary school and also seldom from the KAG church.
3. Lack of trained teacher (s) or wages for available ones.This has been a problem given that payment for teachers was the role of parents who in turn are living in abject poverty.
My major concern is to find ways to keep this school running since its the only way to fight high illiteracy levels in the area, high poverty and reduce huger.
The photo shows the pupils some parents and the pastor near the tree used as both school and church just after a church service.
Updates appear here
Evans Lomodei started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I am so passionate about attainment of poverty and hunger reduction goal of the SDGs. My approach is through education and empowerment of poor populations. Lochor-aikeny nursery will reduce high illiteracy, empower the youth and help reduce poverty and hunger in the long run.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.