Weʼve raised £0 to Henry Surtees Foundation Who Support many including; Headway Dorset. Midlands. and Great North. Air Ambulance service's Valance School
- Brooklands, United Kingdom
- Closed on Wednesday, 15th March 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
This year Worth Society has asked Myself and Andy Taylor to head a team to take part in the Annual;
'Henry Surtees Foundation Brooklands Team Challenge'.
The Brooklands Team Challenge is a 2 hr team endurance go-karting event, it has run every year for the last 6 years, in aid of raising money for the Henry Surtees Foundation.
Last year, this event managed to raise over £60,000!
The Charity, HSF:
The Henry Surtees Foundation; Inspired by Henry, his experience, and in celebration of his life; HSF aims to:
- assist people with brain or physical injuries caused by accident to return to community living by the provision of support for equipment and facilities.
- provide education and training associated with motorsport-related programmes in technology, engineering, and road safety instruction for two and four wheel.
- act as a resource for young people up to the age of 18 by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities in order to:-
- advance young people in life by helping them to develop their skills, capacities and capabilities.
Henry Surtees was one of my best friends when we both left Worth School in 2009, we even shared a 2-man study room together for our final year as Day Students with Mr Andy Taylor as our Housemaster.
I returned to Worth as a member of staff in 2013, where I then worked alongside Andy Taylor and many of mine and Henry's former teachers.
Andy Taylor knew of my passion for motorsport and through the HSF came to hear of this event. Between He, Myself and Mary Lou (Worth Society), we had the idea of having an old boys team compete in this incredible event, for a wonderful charity.
This is where you come in. Any donation, will Massively help fulfil our dream of fielding a Worthian team at this years:
Henry Surtees Foundation Brooklands Team Challenge.
Mary Lou Burge
All profits goto HSF.
Updates appear here
Matt Morley started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Brooklands, United Kingdom
Matthew Morley Worth School Pupil 2004-2009 Worth Staff 2013- 2017 Henry Surtees was one of my best friends, we even shared a 2-man study room together for our final year as Day Students in Gervase house, We left Worth in 2009. His passion for his racing was inspiring.