Weʼre raising £1,300 to help raise money towards rebuilding & renovating the new Adobe School/Orphanage for 200 kids in Kabale, Uganda
- Kabale, Uganda
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
The Abode Project Uganda
Many of us have donated to great causes in the past but never really been sure what % actually ends up there or whether it even gets there at all. This unfortunately happened with the ADOBE project where large amounts of money was sent in good faith to fund a school and orphanage, only for the charity to find out that the 'school director' was corrupted, funding his own lifestyle at the expense of 200 orphans. As a result, these kids in a remote village have missed out on all of life basics such as any education, and sufficient food and water.
In November, I went out with 39 others to build a new school and orphanage for these kids because if we didn't help them then no one would. I'm glad to say the school is nearly complete and set to open in Feb 2019! I can't thank everyone enough for the £600 you helped me raised which went towards building materials etc. The money raised was also used to do some amazing things like:
- Save 4 year old Evalins badly infected leg from being amputated. Thankfully she is now walking and will lead a normal life!
- Stop a 70 year old grandma carrying her severely disabled grand child on her back every for miles because they couldn't afford a wheelchair for her.
- Buying food and drinks for the kids who were genuinely starving.
We achieved a lot out there in a short space of time, however I still feel like there is so much more we can do being in the fortunate position that we are all in... so i'm flying back out on the 30th Jan to try and make more of a difference.
Please help me raise as much as much as possible to give these kids the basics they so desperately need! Rest assured every single penny raised will directly benefit them (i'm self funding all my travel/vaccinations/ accommodation costs etc).
How your money will be spent this time around?
-Towards finishing off the school toilets, bathrooms, kitchen, canteen and medical centre.
- Building a nursery on site so that mums can leave their babies in a safe place whilst they go to work rather than carrying them on their backs in the fields or day or leaving them at home on their own as they need to earn money to support them.
- Helping other similar causes like little Evalin to get the healthcare they so desperately need.
- Helping to support a Pygmy tribe that live on their own on a remote Island after being kicked out the forest by the Governement. They life such a basic life and the kids look severely famished. Land is so cheap in Uganda that we would love to buy them some on the mainland so they can make a real life for themselves.
To put it in perspective how far your money can go...
- £38 can fund 1 teachers whole salary for a month!
- £12 can fund 1 school uniform including leather shoes, which they so desperately need.
Thanks for your support,
Share this story
Updates appear here
Neil Kotak started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jan 24, 2019
Good Luck Neil ! Keep up the good work!!!
Jan 22, 2019
Jan 11, 2019
Dec 17, 2018
Good effort, great cause.
Dec 14, 2018
Well done Neil! What a brilliant cause :)
Asha & Surinder
Dec 13, 2018
Such an amazing cause, well done.
Dec 11, 2018
My Secret Santa's gift From Matt K.
Become a supporter
Help Neil Kotak raise more