Weʼve raised £0 to a non for profit educational institute that promotes learning & development, and facilitation & engagement of community outreach services
- Closed on Friday, 27th September 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
A new bespoke academy is opening soon in Hodge Hill in summer known as The Pillars Academy.
Here at The Pillars Academy we will be providing quality, contemporary yet classical teaching using modern day tools and techniques to equip our youths for a brighter future in integrating within society and promoting its core values. But we haven’t stopped there!
We have community outreach services that aim to tackle issues from crime to homelessness, from the disabled and vulnerable to the animals and the environment.
Our youth and sports initiatives empower the young and brings about positive change.
In addition, we will also be providing nasheed training, calligraphy & art classes.
To facilitate these great endeavours we have highly trained individuals who are part of this academy from qualified teachers to community activists, from professional services to our local people and residents.
As a basic breakdown the academy will run the following;
- Islamic quran classes such as Qaida/Nazrah & Hifz with Tajweed being taught at the outset as a mandatory requirement.
- Islamic studies, teaching the basics yet most important requirements in everyday life such as salah, wudu etc.
- Etiquette and mannerisms
- Academic tuition classes for key stages 123, 11+, GCSE’s & A-levels.
- Youth projects including sports & scouts
- Community Services inc. foodbank, aiding senior citizens, domestic violence as well as those stated before.
Because the academy will be run on Islamic ethos & values it welcomes service users of all backgrounds and religions and promote community cohesion.
ALHAMDULILAH we have now found the premises but need to carry out some renovation work to bring the building up to standard and to comply with health and safety specifications and educational institution requirements. In addition the work will generally include making the wudu facilities, basic kitchen (mainly used for community & outreach activities), provisions for food bank, learning materials as well as tables/desks and chairs for the Quran (and other) classes, mobile partitions and general renovations.
Please help us in this great cause as this is much needed in the Hodge Hill area.
A few ideas on how you can fundraise;
1. Make a personal donation on the page.
2. Share with family and friends.
3. Set-up your own fundraising page (we can do that for you)
4. Hold an event e.g. charity match (football/cricket)
5. Get sponsorships
6. Cheeky one! Go on a diet as your way to fundraise and let others know to donate when you reach target. Be realistic though!
7. Get your children involved in fundraising at schools/mosques
This list is not exhaustive and you may have other great ideas!
The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: ‘No wealth (of a servant of Allah) is decreased because of charity’ (Tirmidhi)
May ALLAH reward you and your family in abundance.
You can go on our website for registrations and further information on www.thepillarsacademy.co.uk
(Charity registration in process)
Updates appear here
Adeel Akram started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding