Weʼve raised £130 to take 13 students from Allerton Grange School in Leeds on a humanitarian expedition to Tanzania in August 2018 with Camps International.
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Funded on Sunday, 20th May 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are a group of hard working young people from Allerton Grange School in Leeds who want to make a difference and have a positive impact on the world we live in.
By sheer hard work and determination, we are raising funds to take us on a life-changing journey with Camps International. In August 2018 we will be travelling to Tanzania for 1 month to live and work alongside local people.
Whilst in Tanzania we will be helping to;
• Build and renovate school buildings in rural Tanzania so local children don’t have to walk miles everyday to access an education.
• Construct vitally needed community housing from local materials for some of the most impoverished families.
• Install new water facilities to provide fresh drinking water to local communities.
• Undertake conservation work supporting local initiatives that help to restore and protect some of Tanzania’s most vulnerable habitats and animals.
40% of people in Tanzania are living under the poverty line.
Nearly half of the population lives on less than $1 a day.
The average life expectancy in Tanzania is just 55 years.
How can you help?
We need to raise £3,800 each and are all taking part in individual fundraising efforts. However, we will be together for a whole month in a foreign country, with no contact to home or friends, and part of our journey is about learning to work together as a team. We have created this page to accept donations for our team fundraising efforts.
It would be great if you could support us!
Updates appear here
Ruth Hartley started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 5, 2017
Fantastic effort from the team for our Halloween Bake Off, let's keep up the momentum!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding