Weʼre raising £8,000 to help kickstart a sustainable community-development project in Ghana, empowering local farmers through permaculture and moringa oleifera
- Enyan Denkyira, Central Region, Ghana
- 22 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Alewa Ecovillage is non-profit organisation based in Enyan-Denkyira in the Central Region of Ghana, which address issues of poverty, food security, livelihoods and climate change by by empowering local farmers through agro-ecological farming methods and connecting them to local and global markets for organic crops and high-value moringa-based natural products.
Moringa oleifera, or 'the miracle tree', is one of the most nutrient-dense plants on the planet: rich in vitamins A, B, C and E; is an excellent source of minerals such as selenium, calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus and magnesium; and is also high in protein, fibre, omegas 3 and 6 and contains all 9 essential amino acids.
Significantly, it is also one of the few crops which has a high resitance to drought, which, when combined with the cultivation of other crops such as legumes, can provide a vital solution to areas suffering from the nefarious effects of climate change, malnutrition and high unemployment.
Our mission is to implement regenerative agriculture to smallholder famers which provides them with a variety of highly nutritious and high-value organic food in order to increase food security, fight malnutrition and environmental degradation and improve livelihoods in rural communities in Ghana.
Alewa Ecovillage inscribes itself as part of a wider movement which is working towards making modern society more socially, economically and ecologically sustainable.
With your help and support we will be able to reach our target of £8000 which would be enough to kick-start our work on the ground by contributing towards :
1) The finalisation of the acquisition of 4 plots of land (totalling over an acre);
2) The purchase of the necessary tools and equipment to set up the pilot farm;
3) Training three local employees to support founder and director Godsway Anderson to plant and manage the plots (we currently have over 1000 seedlings ready to plant), including growing other complementary crops in the same plots;
4) Building a communal space and training centre which will enable the active participation of local stakeholders, the running of training and capacity-building workshops, and act as a space where participants can express their views and provide valuable feedback for the further development of the project
Share this story
Updates appear here
Xavier Geissmann & Godsway Anderson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 16, 2021
Jan 20, 2021
Jan 1, 2021
Keep up the good work ! xx
Dec 28, 2020
Small compared to your massive efforts, more help to come ❤️
Dec 23, 2020
Dec 23, 2020
Fantastic charity Xavier. From Lizzie’s friend Clare
Christmas card sales
Dec 22, 2020
Become a supporter
Help Xavier Geissmann & Godsway Anderson raise more
About the fundraiser
Xavier Geissmann & Godsway Anderson
Enyan Denkyira, Central Region, Ghana
Coming from different worlds, they became united by the desire to take on the challenges faced daily by rural communities and by a common passion for permaculture and agro-ecology as a mechanism for transformative change towards a fairer and more sustainable future.