Weʼve raised £290 to Alyssa's 4 week community project work in Kenya!
- Funded on Tuesday, 31st March 2020
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
At just 14 years old, Alyssa has been given an amazing opportunity to go to Kenya in 2020 for 4 weeks. In collaboration with Wingfield Academy and Camps International. www.campsinternational.com
Aside from having the opportunity to visit a truly inspiring country, Alyssa will learn so much in preparing for this trip of a lifetime.
Throughout her fundraising journey, Alyssa will be developing new skills including entrepreneurial, budgeting, time keeping, prioritising workload (schoolwork and fundraising activities).
Whilst on expedition, Alyssa will be using her communication skills, demonstrating her ability to work as part of a team, problem solving and adapting to change as she moves around the country to undertake a range of new activities which could include:
• Education: Building a new school classroom
• Housing: Building community housing from local materials
• Healthcare & Sanitation: Improving the health of a whole community through installing and improving local amenities
• Food & Water Security: Installing new water facilities to provide fresh drinking water to local communities
• Environmental Protection: Digging animal watering holes, deworm livestock and help rangers protect vulnerable wildlife from poachers
• Sustainable Livelihoods: Making elephant poo paper and flip-flop key-rings which local people can sell and support micro-enterprise
Once Alyssa has completed this expedition, she will be able to earn additional UCAS points through completing the Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE) Level 3 Award. Which will go towards her application to University in the future.
Expedition Fee: £3940
Vaccinations: £200 approx
Travel Insurance Excess: £50
Travel to and from Airport: £150
Personal Kit: up to £500
Alyssa thanks you with all her heart for any help and support given during her journey to Kenya.
We will be launching a website shortly so you can follow her fundraising journey.
Updates appear here
Sharon Wood started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 31, 2019
Good luck Alyssa, hope you get there xx
May 31, 2019
Good luck with this journey and best wishes for your future.
May 31, 2019
a little bit to help. love from Sarah and Kevin
May 30, 2019
Lets get ya started!!
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding