Weʼve raised £120,401 to support the families of local victims of the Sri Lanka Easter bombing, and improve local medical facilities.
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Funded on Saturday, 29th February 2020
Don't have time to donate right now?
Please visit our new, gift aid eligible page at: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/amelieanddavidlinseyfoundation
On Easter Sunday, my sister Amelie and brother Daniel were killed as they ate breakfast at the Shangri-La hotel in Colombo.
Alongside them, over 250 others lost their lives, most of them Sri Lankans.
Amelie and Daniel were loving, caring people. We hope to continue their giving spirit by providing support to the local victims’ families, and improving the medial facilities that were overwhelmed in the tragedy. We aim to give them both the physical and social infrastructure to rebuild their lives.
No matter how much you donate, you will help provide:
- Housing and counselling for the families of the victims.
- Education for children of the victims, and for those left without a source of income due to the attacks.
- Medical equipment for the Sri Lankan hospitals. Specifically pieces of equipment which will aid them in treating victims of traumatic injuries. The hospitals were lacking many pieces of vital diagnostic and surgical equipment and we aim to provide some of these. We are in contact with the hospital where Amelie and Daniel were treated and will provide equipment based on their needs. Examples of equipment include:
- Ventilators, to enable artificial respiration. These cost approximately $5000 and are vital for those with a damaged respiratory system who are unable to breathe themselves. A ventilator allows doctors to keep a patient alive while critical procedures are being performed.
- FAST portable Ultrasound and MRI Machines which cost upwards of $20,000 are powerful diagnostic tools and allow surgeons to map the body prior to surgery, allowing for lifesaving surgeries to be conducted faster, more safely and with better prognosis.
- Flying out academic leaders of the medical field to train the local Sri Lankan surgeons and doctors to treat trauma patients more effectively.
Had the hospitals been fully equipped many more, if not Amelie and Daniel, could have been saved. In a country where over 3000 people die on the roads each year, this equipment will have also uses far beyond responding to terror attacks.
We are being given guidance from existing charities to help us deal with all regulatory affairs and to advise us on where our donations will make the most positive impact.
May those who perished in this attack rest in peace. We aim not to move on, but to continue in their giving and loving ways.
Please visit www.amelieanddaniel.org.
A Recent Interview with the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6965127/Siblings-grief-Sri-Lanka-bombings-kill-brother-19-sister-15-holiday-father.html
- 3 years ago
David Linsey3 years ago
Proud to have reached over £100,000! Thank you everyone for your wonderful support.
Share this update to help us raise more
David Linsey started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 26, 2019
I would like to give this donation on behalf of Sumal. May his soul Rest In Peace.
Nov 7, 2019
Keep up the good work
Nov 7, 2019
Nov 7, 2019
Nov 6, 2019
Oct 20, 2019
Oct 18, 2019
You’re doing an amazing thing!
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Colombo, Sri Lanka
With every pound you donate: You can provide housing and education for families and children left without a family income, and supply medical equipment for hospitals in Sri Lanka.