Weʼre raising £400 to support the education of children in Fiji
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
After living and volunteering in Zambia for 3 months in January 2018, I don’t want the volunteering journey to stop. This is why I have decided to volunteer in Fiji for a month with Think Pacific. I will be travelling to the other side of the world on a 40 hour journey, to live with a Fijian family for a month in an underdeveloped village. I will be fully immersed in the day to day life of this community, along with 24 other Nottingham Trent University students. As a team we are going to undertake education and sports development projects within the village which will have a huge impact on the children living there. During the 4 weeks I will be:
- Working alongside the Fijian government aims to teach children in local schools by delivering literacy and numeracy lessons to improve education.
- Coaching sports sessions in a range of different activities to help children develop and improve, as well as helping to provide them with sports equipment.
- Supporting development within art, dance and drama in the community to help enhance creativity.
Any donation is really appreciated and will make a huge difference in allowing me to go on this trip which will help directly change the lives of Fijian children. The first £400 raised will go directly to Think Pacific, and if there’s anything left over it will go towards helping me cover my own fees for the trip so I can get out and make this happen. Think Pacific is a registered Fijian charity, working hand in hand with the Fijian Government, and by donating you are helping them to continue to achieve goals such as:
- Seen a 40% improvement in literacy in Summer 16
- Built 72 Kindergartens
- Seen a 600% increase in sports participation
- 60 building projects created
- 10,000 children supported each year
If you want to know any more then visit the Think Pacific website or watch the following video!
Share this story
Updates appear here
Annete Kalombodza started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Mar 20, 2019
Mar 18, 2019
Mar 13, 2019
All the best for this trip and I'm proud of me.
Mar 13, 2019
Annette youre an inspiration Love always
Mar 12, 2019
Hope you have the best time and make a positive impact like you did in Nyimba
Become a supporter
Help Annete Kalombodza raise more