Weʼve raised £314 to support the education of children in Fiji
- Funded on Wednesday, 10th July 2019
Don't have time to donate right now?
After living and volunteering in Zambia for 3 months in January 2018, I don’t want the volunteering journey to stop. This is why I have decided to volunteer in Fiji for a month with Think Pacific. I will be travelling to the other side of the world on a 40 hour journey, to live with a Fijian family for a month in an underdeveloped village. I will be fully immersed in the day to day life of this community, along with 24 other Nottingham Trent University students. As a team we are going to undertake education and sports development projects within the village which will have a huge impact on the children living there. During the 4 weeks I will be:
- Working alongside the Fijian government aims to teach children in local schools by delivering literacy and numeracy lessons to improve education.
- Coaching sports sessions in a range of different activities to help children develop and improve, as well as helping to provide them with sports equipment.
- Supporting development within art, dance and drama in the community to help enhance creativity.
Any donation is really appreciated and will make a huge difference in allowing me to go on this trip which will help directly change the lives of Fijian children. The first £400 raised will go directly to Think Pacific, and if there’s anything left over it will go towards helping me cover my own fees for the trip so I can get out and make this happen. Think Pacific is a registered Fijian charity, working hand in hand with the Fijian Government, and by donating you are helping them to continue to achieve goals such as:
- Seen a 40% improvement in literacy in Summer 16
- Built 72 Kindergartens
- Seen a 600% increase in sports participation
- 60 building projects created
- 10,000 children supported each year
If you want to know any more then visit the Think Pacific website or watch the following video!
Updates appear here
Annete Kalombodza started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 30, 2019
May 23, 2019
Not long to go now!!
May 20, 2019
May 14, 2019
May 11, 2019
Such an inspiration Annete, good luck with this amazing opportunity to change things for the better xxx
May 9, 2019
May 9, 2019
May you live your dreams 😄
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding