Weʼre raising £5,000 to healthy dogs being euthanized help me stop this
- 21 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I have come to share my story in hope there are others just like me that want to take a strong stand against euthanising healthy dogs
My story begins six years ago when I was looking for a new dog to complete my family unit. I had decided a puppy was not a option I wanted to rescue dog to give a neglected unwanted dog a chance at a better life I was never prepared for what i was to see.
I had started my search I didn’t have any dislikes to any breed or I wasn’t looking for anything pacific I started my search with rspca pdsa and rescue homes although these dogs where without homes they where getting
•goodfood •regular walks •interaction •new home applications also rules on keeping healthy dogs alive and saving them from bad situations.
I then decided to dig a little deeper this is when I came across Pounds
Known as council dog pounds
This is where I am asking for support
There are a number of pounds all over the U.K. normally in city’s
I managed to find five just in Kent. That’s without rescue homes
I decided to read on and work out what exactly they do. This is what I had found out
•They are payed a small budget by the council to shelter these dogs
* They have 2 weeks from the day they enter the pound they are put in small cages each with a number on with how long each has left before there lead to there death
* Pound staff have guidelines they have to follow the dogs only have small amounts of food they spend all day other then a 10 minute walk round a day the rest is no human contact
* They are unable to be treated by vets or be treated for conditions because the council refuses a budget for a vet
* Some of these dogs have been used as a breeding tool to the point of the dogs health being at risk once there of no use there dumped the pound are called to collect them & They will be held with no treatment for two weeks potentially picked up and used again
* No one who picks a dog up from the pound has to give id or any information you literally pick a dog from one of the cages and leave no information no temperament check no idea if the dog is healthy & no questions would be asked about where the dog would be going
This is so so wrong
My personal visit when I arrived it looked like a horse yard there was one lady present she was lovely but you could see what stress she was under I asked many questions about the pound & every question I asked she seemed unhappy to answer it wasn’t because she was doing something wrong by all means if she didn’t these innocent dogs would have no support she showed passion for the dogs and the work she dose but didn’t deny that she is under massive amounts of stress the council don’t have many people running these pounds refusing to pay extra
the ones who do are payed little
I have so much respect for the workers of the pound
But these dogs have such a massive injustice when the lady opened the stable there was six cages one after the other in each cage had a dog no bed two bowls they where walking and laying in there own feces after glancing over all the dogs bouncing round the cages happy to see a human face I noticed a small black staff backed in the corner unsettled he didn’t look well he also had the least time on his board as you can guess he’s the one I chose after the lady had removed him from the cage I could see the full extent he was unable to stand properly every bone in his spine was visible he had a bad skin condition & refused to walk all in all a really bad case of mistreating a animal after the vets he had been given skin treatments I found he had catarax in one eye & a ear infection he wasn’t in good health half the weight he should of been
I have so much respect for the workers of the pound
But these dogs have such a massive injustice
* I am asking for help in these areas any support is much appreciated updates will be available through this journey
* Money to finance a website to promote pound dogs just like rspca pdsa & other rescue websites
* Help to support the employees at the pounds help with the basic animal costs beddings feed treatments collars leads castrations bills transport
* Help raise awareness by making platforms on social media to support pounds
• solicitor fees to set out a plan on how I would be able to help stop the death of healthy dogs allowing them the chance to have a life try to lift the ban on holding dogs for only two weeks with the Hope that I will be able to support the welfare of these dogs with your help
•until I am able to lift the ban I hope I will be able to get support in doing everything possible to find temporary homes until permanent homes are found to be able to
get the vet treatment the dogs need better living conditions dog trainers for temperament test & support all aspects of the pound where the council are failing these animals.
Thank you for taking the time out to read this I have attached some before & after photos of my dog boss he had two days left before they put him down six years on he’s healthy happy and a perfect family dog help me save as many as possible any donations are appreciated
Share this story
Updates appear here
Georgia Redden started crowdfunding