Weʼve raised £60 to We are raising funds to help strenghten our legal battle in fighting against an incinerator being built in our beautiful Aire Valley
- Funded on Thursday, 23rd November 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
**Page Update - our old Justgiving page ended early so we are re-opening a new one to keep this funding stream open. We have raised an impressive amount towards the costs of our legal battle and any funds that continue to come in will just enable us to pay for further legal representation to strengthen our case**
The Aire Valley Against Incineration group are fundamentally opposed to the introduction of an incinerator into the heart of our Aire Valley.
Our reasons to fight:
* The council have decided to approve the plans for a huge incinerator that will be burning industrial and commercial waste from the Bradford District
* We want to save schools, nurseries, recreational grounds and care homes from the harmful emissions this plant will emit
* We want to safeguard the health of our communities now and for future generations
* We want to encourage our local government to look at other options of waste management that have a lesser impact on the environment
* We want to protect our Heritage asset; East Riddlesden Hall from harm
* We don't want to be guinea pigs who pay the price for an incinerator being built in a valley - an unknown quantity across all the scientific data
Updates appear here
Charlotte Miller started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Aug 4, 2017
If this thing gets built, I am moving from my house with a lovely view
Aug 1, 2017
We're here for the long haul... NO to the Aire Valley Incinerator!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding