Weʼre raising £15,000 to create an inspirational learning environment for a Study Cafe with access to computers and printing facilities at Bannockburn High School.
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are creating an after school Study Cafe to provide the young people and their parents/carers within the Bannockburn Learning Community (Bannockburn, Cowie, Plean, Brahead and St Ninian’s) with access to computers and printing facilities in an inspiring learning environment.
Our Study Café space within our Senior Social Area will provide a motivational and inspiring learning environment to encourage more of our community to use this space. Our young people and eventually their parents/carers will be able to book out laptops, have access to Wifi and free printing facilities to help with study, homework and research .
The benefits of the project to the communities our school serves are far-reaching and include the following:
• Access to an inspiring and motivational after school study area
• Access to computers
• Access to free Wifi
• Access to free high quality printing facilities
• Access to refreshments whilst studying
• Opportunities for Family Learning
• Increased levels of attainment and achievement
• Opportunities for us to involved partners such as Skills Development Scotland, Youth Services to provide other levels of support to young people and their families
• Opportunities for us to provide learning experiences for our parents and carers e.g. support with CV writing, Open University etc.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Anne Garvey started crowdfunding