Weʼve raised £240 to Run, jog, walk 200k & lose 50lb in 12weeks for Brig-Aid
- Ilkeston, UK
- Funded on Thursday, 20th September 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Who are we: The Barkes sisters, Lauren & Jasmine
What are we doing: Between us we will run jog or walk 200k in 12weeks and lose a combined 50lb
Why: Because our friend, colleague and all round amazing person, Sarah Brigham needs our help. Sarah has a very rare cancer in her wind pipe, only 2 in a million people get this type of cancer, and Sarah's is even rarer because of it's location. Unfortunately the cancer is not operable as it is too large at 6cm, it will not respond to chemotherapy or radiotherapy. However, all hope is not lost, there is some pioneering treatment in Germany, called Carbon Ion Therapy, so we are trying to help her get there this summer, but, it costs 60k. So that's where you come in, please donate as much as you can to help us reach our target and get Sarah closer to her treatment in Germany. If you want to read the full story then visit the Brig-Aid just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/teambrig-aid also follow them on facebook Brig-Aid and twitter @TeamBrigAid
So here are some facts that might encourage you to dig deep as they will make you realise how much of a challenge this is:
- Lauren is having an ingrowing toe nail removed on 5th June, it takes 9-12weeks to heal, but shes ignoring that and going to walk and jog her way to the target anyway.
- Jasmine has 2 kids, aged 2 and under. Plus a step-son who comes at weekends, so getting out isn't going to be easy!
- We both bloody love cake and watching tv.
- Lauren has Underactive Thyroid, this means weight loss is not easy, it means that she gets muscle & joint aches and pains 90% of the day. It makes her very tired even if shes had 12 hours sleep.
- Jasmine struggles with motivation after a full night of her youngest Myla keeping her awake and her eldest Lilly screaming at her because she doesn't want her hair doing #Karma
- Lauren has dodgy ankles, they hurt, they collapse for no reason, she can't remember what the Dr said was wrong, but basically she could either have an operation at 21 or suck it up and get on with it and have the op when shes much older so she doesn't have to have it twice.
SO, we hear you say, why the hell are you doing this?! To us, our life is our family, that extends to our friends and we would do absolutely anything possible to help them. And, as much as we love cake and tv, we love Sarah Brigham more! She is an absolute inspiration that has helped both of us not only in our careers but in our personal life also, and always has time to listen and help wherever she can. So it's time to pay her back, come on, dig deep for Sarah.
Thanks in advance for all donations and support.
The Barkes sisters xx
Updates appear here
Lauren Barkes started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 15, 2018
Go Lauren Go!
Jun 1, 2018
May 31, 2018
Go for it! Love Kay
May 25, 2018
Go Girl's. Run for Sarah.Much LoveLynda Stancliffe xx
May 24, 2018
May 23, 2018
Go girls!I was going to give you a tenner. Then I saw the lad behind you sticking his tongue out in the photo, and that is definitely worth an extra note. Beautiful.
May 15, 2018
Go The Barkes Sisters!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding