Weʼve raised £1,505 to help local community projects
- Funded on Monday, 4th March 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are holding a Swimathon alongside Bathgate Academy’s Polar Academy on 3rd February at Xcite Bathgate.
With over 70 BASC swimmers taking part we’re aiming to swim 50k while raising money to help local community projects such as:
- Sponsoring children who do not have the opportunity to swim as part of a competitive swimming club and coaching them to enable them to compete in a local competition. This will include coaching from one of our head coaches, full kit required to take part in competition, transport to enable them to attend coaching sessions and support at a competition.
- Funding the Bathgate Procession annual gala.
- Funding local children to attend competitions which will help improve their confidence and swimming ability.
- purchasing required kit to help improve technique and build confidence.
We’ll have competitive swimmers, novice swimmers, parents and coaches all taking part to ensure we smash our target.
All at BASC
Updates appear here
BASC Swimathon started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Feb 26, 2019
Well done Cole and Alex from the Stevenson’s xx
Feb 17, 2019
Well done Fern and Bella. Love Granny, Auntie Mags, Granma & Granpa xx
Ian & Anne
Feb 11, 2019
Well done Cole & Alex .xx
Anne Marie Vance
Feb 10, 2019
Well done Erin
Feb 10, 2019
Well done Grace. From Aunty Janey.
Feb 9, 2019
Great swimming by all, from gran and granny xx
Feb 7, 2019
Well done on your swimathon Robyn and Erin! Love granny and grandpa Lumsden xx
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Bathgate ASC was founded in 1935 and is one of the most successful competitive swimming clubs in West Lothian. We encourage new swimmers of all ages and abilities from learners to top class competitive swimmers.