Weʼve raised £0 to I'm raising money to go to Uganda with Camps Intl to carry out conservation & community projects. Some money will go to local communities.
- Closed on Wednesday, 27th November 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I have been given the most incredible opportunity to spend 4 weeks in the heart of Uganda with a company called Camps International. During the summer of 2020, I will have the opportunity to
• Build classrooms and desks for children who would otherwise learn on the floor. • Thatch and help rebuild villager’s houses out of their natural resources however we would make them more stable.
• Install fresh water tanks in schools and villages.
• Dig elephant watering holes to help elephants survive in the dry season. • Make ethical elephant deterrents to protect crops and help reduce poaching
• Helping out and doing maintenance chores with a rhino sanctuary
• Goat de-worming for the villagers
With 51% of East Africa’s population living in absolute poverty and the average life expectancy only at 50 the help I would be giving would go a long way. I don’t want to get all preachy – a lot of you have travelled far more than I have, so will have come across a lot more of the real world than me – but that’s why I’m so excited to go and explore, and be some use at the same time. For me to be able to experience this incredible opportunity I need to raise £4390. Yeah I know! So all the help you can give would be hugely appreciated. So I would just like to say thank you for pretty much anything that you can contribute.
Updates appear here
Beatrice Burnham started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding