Weʼre raising £3,000 to Provide funds for resources needed to keep our positive development projects running in orphanges across Nigeria.
- Lagos, Nigeria
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are a non-profit organisation that supports orphanages across Nigeria, through the use of positive developmental projects that encourage children and young people to gain confidence in themselves so they can pursue their dreams and ambitions. These projects also allow these young people to integrate well with society and gradually prepares them for life after the orphanage.
We aim to change the orphanage system in Nigeria eventually, where homes are centred purely around the development of the children and young people. An environment that meets their social, emotional, psychological/mental health needs and ensures orphans are equipped with all they need to live a healthy life outside the orphanage and make a healthy impact to their society.
Our Current Projects
Seasonal Outreaches - These take place during Independence Day Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day and Children's Day. During these outreaches, we have a range of activities which the children are encouraged to participate in: Cooking Activities ( Introducing them to inter-continental dishes and teaching them how to make them), Arts & Craft for all ages, STEM Activities and Sports activities.
- Personal Mentoring / Counselling - Providing support to children and young people that need someone to talk to about their feelings. We also use this an opportunity to understand how we can help these children and young people become the best version of themselves.
- Literacy Hub - To help develop their speech and build their reading skills - We are currently building libraries within all the orphanages we are working with and are accepting book donations too.
-Homework Hub - We have graduate volunteers who help to give extra lessons to children who are behind I'm certain subjects.
- Skills Acquisition - We have volunteers who come into the orphanages and help the young people develop in a skill that's in line with their ambitions).
- Social Development opportunities - We take the children and young people offsite to give them the opportunity to mix with the community and develop their confidence in social gatherings.
We also have health projects which we embark on under the name 'Forget Us Not' ( FUN). In the past year, we have been raising funds to help an Orphanage we work within Oyo State, Ibadan build a borehole to prevent the children and young people from leaving the premises to fetch water and carry it back on their heads which may lead to deformities in the long run.
States and cities we have a presence in
- Lagos State - Ikeja
- FCT - Abuja - Gwarinpa & Karu Urban Area
- Oyo State - Ibadan
- Imo State - Owerri
Share this story
Updates appear here
Victoria Joseph started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
The Beautiful Onyinye Foundation has been running since April 2017 till date and has successfully impacted the lives of various children and young people in orphanages stationed in states we are working with in Nigeria.