Weʼre raising £2,000 to help fund legal representation to oppose the allocation of approximately 570 houses on existing agricultural land in Borden, Sittingbourne.
- Time left
- 5 days to go
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
The Swale Borough Local Plan 'Bearing Fruits 2031' has recently included a site between Wises Lane and Cryalls Lane for development of approximately 570 houses.
We thank those who have raise £2180 thus far however we still require further funds for legal representation at the forthcoming inspectors hearing, commencing 31st January 2017.
The BRAD group, and others interested in wildlife and countryside in Sittingbourne strongly oppose this choice of location because:
- It will destroy the habitat of a lot of Sittingbourne's wildlife
- It will join Sittingbourne to Borden Village which will result in loss of village identity for Borden
- it will create approximately 1400 extra cars on the rural roads and the A249 around the west of Sittingbourne - an already heavily congested part of Kent
- it will increase the risk of traffic accidents in the immediate area - already the second highest for accidents in Kent
- it will drain even further the existing infrastructure such as water, electricity and sewage resources
- it will create an even greater demand on already over-stretched health resources such as hospitals and doctors
- it will reduce accessibility of local schools for local people - some children are already allocated schools outside of Sittingbourne.
The money raised will fund legal representation to oppose the addition of this site into the Swale Borough Local Plan.
Share this story
BRAD Borden started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jan 11, 2017
Please accept this donation for this cause. Brier Road resident.
Chris and Tricia Hore
Jan 10, 2017
Stick together and share the load. Sittingbourne has already grown massively to accommodate new housing and is now at risk of being totally flooded with all the housing projects added together.
Jan 9, 2017
Become a supporter
Help BRAD Borden raise more
Crowdfunding stories like this
take Network Rail to court, to stop the termination of leases at the Brixton Arches
£65 raised by
help Dusty on her journey.
£30 raised by
help 'Eve' fulfil her dream of becoming a lawyer and joining the fight against sexual violence towards women.
£130 raised by