Weʼre raising £5,152 to Help fund the equipment needed for an observatory, for Bridgend Astronomical Society
- Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are a small, friendly astronomical society, we currently have 36 members, we want to attract more members to our society, and be able to provide our current members with access to excellent viewing equipment, in a safe environment. Other larger astronomical societies have access to an observatory, they either have their own, or they use the observatory at the local university. We currently don't have our own, neither do we have a university with an observatory, close enough to us, for our members to be able to have regular or any access to. The equipment that we are looking to buy for our observatory, is as follows.....We would be extremely grateful for any donations that you make to help us achieve our goals, for the future of our society. Many thanks Bridgend Astronomical Society.
1. Orion CT10/HEQ5/Field Tripod £3,000
2. Angle finder variation £12
3. Power Tank 17Ah £131
4. GPS Unit £120
5. Skywatcher 12.5 Double crosshair illuminated ocular £48
6. Vixen Lanthanum LVW3.5 (x342) £169
7.Vixen Lanthanum LVW17 (X71) £169
8. Vixen Lanthanum LVW17 (X71) £169
9. Vixen SSW 10mm (Wide) £309
10. Laptop HP Pavillion 14" £500
11. Cabling (estimate) £75
12. Solar Filters (estimate) £150
13. Mains Power (estimate) £300
Share this story
- 9 months ago
Keith Pearson9 months ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Keith Pearson started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
We are trying to get the best facilities for our society members, and for the local community, when we hold our public observation sessions, that we possibly can, but for us to be able to achieve our goals, we need YOUR help,so please donate, as much as you can, everything counts
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.