Weʼve raised £50 to help fund Bristol Patients Not Passports Campaign costs, fighting racist NHS charging policies.
- Bristol, UK
- Funded on Sunday, 31st May 2020
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Bristol Patients not Passports are a new campaign group, many of us work in healthcare and we are part of the Docs Not Cops network. We are raising funds to cover the costs of our campaign work.
Help us call for end to healthcare charges for migrants in the NHS.
Since 2017 NHS Trusts are required to make immigration status checks. The laws are complex but mean that for some people and for some treatments, patients may be asked to pay upfront or be refused healthcare.
Part of the government's “hostile environment” policies, these regulations:
* Are discriminatory; targeting people of colour and people whose first language is not English
* Are unjustified: may well be costing the NHS more to try collect the charges than the amount that is bought in
* Causing untold human suffering, fear of unpayable debts is deterring people from accessing healthcare, including pregnant women and those with HIV
* Are unethical and unworkable and are opposed by many health workers and their unions.
Have you been impacted by charging? We may be able to help and or get your story heard if you choose
Get involved; Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BristolPatientsNotPassports1/
Come to a meeting or email us: email@example.com
Sign our petition to local NHS boss Robert Wooley "Say No to racist Immigration Charges". https://www.thepetitionsite.com/800/572/221/say-no-to-racist-migrant-charges-an-attack-on-our-communities-an-attack-on-our-nhs.
See patientsnotpassports.co.uk for more info
Updates appear here
Bristol Patients Not Passports started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Oct 16, 2019
What great work you're doing. It's appalling that we should be a society that charges & demands ID before offering healthcare to those who need it - while at the same time prioritising other things
Jun 12, 2019
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding