Weʼre raising £8,750 to raise funds to support national student projects
- 14 days to go
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Who are we?
Established in 1992, representing and supporting over 6000 Sikh Students at any given time, the British Organisation of Sikh Students (BOSS) is a volunteer led, national umbrella organisation that links with over 50 university and college Sikh Societies across the UK. BOSS strives to empower and encourage young Sikhs at a grassroots level to rediscover their roots and grow into socially and politically motivated social reformers.
BOSS are one of the best organisations I've come across! They provide so much support for Sikh societies nationwide as well as Sikh students! - Harjap Kaur
What will your Dasvaand go towards?
To run BOSS for one academic years cost £17,500. We are looking to raise half of this amount and will endeavour to raise the rest through our personal dasvaand networks. The breakdown of annual costs for BOSS are as follows:
- Providing free packs for Freshers Fairs, including bags, bookmarks, postcards and posters. (£5000)
- Comprehensive portable exhibition, which are displayed across the UK at universities, private companies, public events, libraries, art galleries, interfaith events, Gurdwaras, melas and more. (£1500)
- National Training Day; providing free training for College and University Sikh students involved in activity at their place of study to prepare and support them for the year ahead. (£2500)
- Regional Training Days which allows universities to meet with other uni's in their region and discuss upcoming events/ collaboration events and internships costs supporting students who wish to gain experience. (£1600)
- Supporting over 20 universities with their Langar on Campus events. (£3000)
- Events across the UK including National Sikhi Week, National student paintballing, interfaith events and stalls and exhibitions at Melas and Sikh events (£1500)
- BOSS Cookbook and other student led projects (£2000)
- Providing consultation and logistics for universities. Liaising with government and non-government organisations. Website and other administrative costs (£400)
Respects to the Singhs and Singhnia making it happen for the Sikh youth looking to make that journey towards Guru and truth. Your Sewa impacted my life when I was at college/Uni and I am forever grateful. - Amandeep Singh
Share this story
Updates appear here
Boss Sevadar started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Amandeep Singh Sandhu
Mar 27, 2018
Fantastic Sewa. Respects
Mar 25, 2018
Great cookbook, would love to see, would love to see more vegetarian Indian dishes in the future!
Become a supporter
Help Boss Sevadar raise more