Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In spring 2018 we started building a network of residents who want to work together to help make the our streets better. We now have a web-site and research from an online survey and an awareness stand at Brockley Summer Fayre.
Key hot topics are:
- Numbers of cars and rat run traffic
- Dangerous crossings
- Access to Hilly Fields park
- Regular ‘stand-off’ between cars and the 484 bus at bottlenecks
- Loads of places with potential to be better - cleaner, safer, tidier, more interesting, more planted, more artwork, more communal, more space for activities other than cars
Our next step is to develop and implement some immediate improvements for next year.
We are raising funds for:
1. A November 2018 workshop open to all residents and local groups to consider options for street changes, and agree which to pursue in 2019.
2. Use the Sustrans ‘Streetkit’ around community events in 2019 – such as Walk to School week, Snow Angels (clearing snow in winter), Open Studios, Brockley Fayre, Front Garden Sales to help people see how things could change and be better.
Find out more here Brockley Streets
Share this story
Updates appear here
Brockley Streets started crowdfunding