Weʼre raising £400 to volunteer in Fiji with Think Pacific for 4 weeks
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In June this Summer I will be making the 9,800-mile journey to Fiji to volunteer with the registered charity Think Pacific for a month. During the 4-week expedition I will be living and working in a very small underdeveloped village. Along with 24 other NTU students, we will all be living with our own Fijian family where we will be immersed in Fijian daily life. Together, we will work to contribute to the education and sports development projects in the village to make a life changing impact on these young people. During the four-week expedition I will:
- Teach children in a remote local school to help develop education in literacy and numeracy as schools are lacking in staff and basic resources such as pens and books.
- Lead youth initiatives including art, dance and drama in the community and help them to learn more and express themselves artistically
- Lead sports sessions in a range of sports to teach children the basic key skills to help them develop and improve at sports. Also help to provide them with invaluable sports equipment.
Myself and the charity would really appreciate any donation you can make big or small (even £1) will make a huge difference in helping me raise money for this once in a lifetime trip to help change and impact the lives of disadvantaged Fijian children. The first £400 raised will be going straight to the charity and if there is any more after that (I would be very overwhelmed and grateful!) it will be going directly towards my own fees for the trip so I can get there and make a difference! I would really appreciate any donation big or small!
Think Pacific is a registered Fijian charity who work in partnership with the Fijian Government, and by donating you are helping them to continue to achieve their goals. So far they have achieved:
- Supporting 10,000+ children each year
- 60+ building projects completed
- 40% improvement in literacy in summer 2016
- 15% increase in school attendance
- 600% increase in sports participation
- 180,000 hours of educational support for disadvantaged children
To find out more about the charity please visit https://thinkpacific.com/our-impact/
Share this story
Updates appear here
Bronte Nightingale started crowdfunding