Weʼre raising £9,000 to Partnership between ‘The Lodge’ at Buckshaw retirement village and Buckshaw Village Community Church. Aim to fund three Rickshaws
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
‘BV Rickshaws’ is a collaborative partnership between ‘The Lodge’ at Buckshaw retirement village and Buckshaw Village Community Church. The partnership aims to raise funds for three Rickshaws which will:
• Strengthen and build community through connecting the church community, the retirement village community and other local groups, businesses and individuals.
• Reduce social exclusion, isolation and loneliness across the community by involving people as volunteer cyclists or as rider supporting someone else to enjoy a ride.
• Give older people the opportunity to feel the joys of cycling- the wind in their hair, the fresh air on their faces and in their lungs, the freedom of being out and about.
• Increase social participation for all across the community through providing the elderly with the opportunity to remain an active part of society and their local community.
• Build bridges between generations, connections between young and old that support and reinforce mutual trust and respect.
You can help show your support and be a part of this venture by attending the launch contributing to making it an amazing event. You can also support the event by raising awareness - help spread the news about this campaign through word of mouth by telling others who you think might be interested or able to help. You can also help by sponsoring or part sponsoring a rickshaw or donating an affordable cash amount Lodge Manager Julie Stringfellow said, “The idea with the rickshaws is not to go a long route but to take in the moment at an easy pace — to notice the surroundings such as nature and activities and perhaps even stop and get an ice-cream. It’s an outdoor experience. But it’s also more than that. This is about the mental, emotional, and social stimulation a person receives.”
To find out more, come along to our event and speak directly to the people involved. Call 01772 625 000 for more information
Share this story
Updates appear here
Julie Stringfellow started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 16, 2019
Dave and Alice
Jun 15, 2019
Brilliant idea. Hope it happens.
Jun 15, 2019
I love this! What a fantastic idea. Good luck raising the funds.From Danielle, Nev, Claudia & Tarquin 🐶 of Argyll Ave xxx
Jun 15, 2019
Jun 14, 2019
A very worthy cause! Wishing you all the very best.
Jun 9, 2019
looking forward to friday and been part of the great project cannot wait to see our residents faces
Jun 8, 2019
Fantastic idea! Can't wait to ride one of these rickshaws through Buckshaw Village!
Become a supporter
Help Julie Stringfellow raise more