We did it!
Andrew Kesiak raised £1,117 from 15 supporters
Start your own crowdfunding page
Weʼve raised £1,117 to Partnership between ‘The Lodge’ at Buckshaw retirement village and Buckshaw Village Community Church. Aim to fund three Rickshaws
- Chorley Lancashire
- Funded on Tuesday, 1st June 2021
Don't have time to donate right now?
‘BV Rickshaws’ is a collaborative partnership between ‘The Lodge’ at Buckshaw retirement village and Buckshaw Village Community Church. The partnership aims to raise funds for three Rickshaws which will:
• Strengthen and build community through connecting the church community, the retirement village community and other local groups, businesses and individuals.
• Reduce social exclusion, isolation and loneliness across the community by involving people as volunteer cyclists or as rider supporting someone else to enjoy a ride.
• Give older people the opportunity to feel the joys of cycling- the wind in their hair, the fresh air on their faces and in their lungs, the freedom of being out and about.
• Increase social participation for all across the community through providing the elderly with the opportunity to remain an active part of society and their local community.
• Build bridges between generations, connections between young and old that support and reinforce mutual trust and respect.
You can help show your support and be a part of this venture by attending the launch contributing to making it an amazing event. You can also support the event by raising awareness - help spread the news about this campaign through word of mouth by telling others who you think might be interested or able to help. You can also help by sponsoring or part sponsoring a rickshaw or donating an affordable cash amount Lodge Manager Julie Stringfellow said, “The idea with the rickshaws is not to go a long route but to take in the moment at an easy pace — to notice the surroundings such as nature and activities and perhaps even stop and get an ice-cream. It’s an outdoor experience. But it’s also more than that. This is about the mental, emotional, and social stimulation a person receives.”
To find out more, come along to our event and speak directly to the people involved. Call 01772 625 000 for more information
Updates appear here
Andrew Kesiak started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Buckshaw Retirement Village fund raising
Oct 29, 2020
BVC Friday Fellowship Ladies
Jul 6, 2019
We had a little money leftover from our away day and really wanted to support this worthy cause!
Jul 5, 2019
Jul 2, 2019
I think this is an excellent idea. I was introduced to it by Andrew. I wish you the very best of luck with this.
Jul 2, 2019
Good luck with your fundraising event for the Buckshaw Rickshaw Event.Please, accept our donation of £200.All your friends at Tesco Chorley Buckshaw!
Jun 24, 2019
This £30.00 comes from the orange buckets that were filled with generous donations at the launch event in June. Well done to the Community!! Let's keep going!!
Jun 24, 2019
This is a brilliant idea and deserves all the support it can get. Good luck to all involved, it’ll make a huge difference to the people in the retirement village.
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding