Weʼve raised £130 to We're doing a sponsored sleep out on Saturday 3rd December, to help homeless and vulnerable people at Christmas Thanks, Chelsea & Ruth
- Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
- Local community
- Time left
- Funded on Saturday, 3rd December 2016
Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.
I'm doing a sponsored sleep out on Saturday 3rd December, to raise funds for people effected by mental health or homelessness & to support vulnerable families at Christmas.There will be several people (including local politicians & community activists) taking part in the sleep out, on the car park of the Station pub in Ashton town centre.
Christmas is a time of year when it's easy to feel down, alone or unloved - especially if you are already in a difficult situation. I'm taking part because I believe nobody should feel forgotten at Christmas. Ruth's also taking part in the sleep out & asked if we can share a JG page.
The funds raised by the sleep out will support 12 local causes based in Tameside & Greater Manchester - including:
- Providing Christmas dinner for about 70 men who are homeless in Tameside (Greystones Hostel)
- Gifts for the homeless - hats, gloves & food (Sweet Treats drawstring bag appeal)
- Sleeping bags & warm coats for people who are homeless.
- Christmas gifts for vulnerable children & families.
- Christmas food hampers for elderly/disabled/other vulnerable people who are struggling
- Gift packs for patients of the mental health ward at Tameside Hospital, to remind people they are cared about at a time of year when it's easy to feel very low if you are alone (Anthony Seddon Fund)
Everyone involved in the Rough Sleep will be spending the night (12am-8am) out there with just the same help that many of the homeless have (a sleeping bag & tarpaulin if it rains) there will be NO alcohol allowed & this is a real attempt to raise awareness of the problem of homelessness as well as raising funds.
It's December, I'm sure it's going to be extremely cold & I'm nervous at the prospect of just one night of it, so please dig deep to show your support to help those facing it over Christmas if you can. Any donation big or small is very appreciated.
Thank you so much for your support,
Chelsea Evans & Ruth Dunne
Chelsea Evans6 days ago
Thank you to all who have supported me, it really means a lot and will make a massive difference to local homeless and vulnerable people. Including Cash currently up to £235, way more than I expected. Every penny is appreciated an will make someone's Christmas.
Share this update to help us raise more
Chelsea Evans started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dec 3, 2016
Good luck Chelsea and well done for taking part. Hope it goes OK.
Dec 3, 2016
Dec 3, 2016
Fantastic stuff Chelsea. Good luck with it! Sam, Adrian & Bel. x
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding