Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

We did it!

Caleb Sivyer raised £508 from 25 supporters

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 26/08/2019

0%
£508raised of £1,000 target by 25 supporters

    Weʼve raised £508 to Help fund my Italian Language Course in Rome (Summer 2019)

    Funded on Monday, 26th August 2019

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    My dream is to attend a four-week intensive Italian language course this summer in the sublime city of Rome!

    The good news is that I came second in a competition to win a place at a language school (http://scudit.net/ ) in Rome and as a result I have been awarded 40% off the course fee. The bad news is that I still need to pay the remaining 60%, as well as pay for flights and accommodation for a whole month in Rome. Therefore, I am asking for people to donate whatever they can afford to help me get to Rome this summer.

    I have been learning Italian for about 3 years now and am passionate about developing my language skills to the point of being fluent. I have taken a few short courses over the last few years and I practice every day using Duolingo, listening to Michel Thomas' Learn Italian, and studying Italian Grammar with various exercise books. However, as helpful as all of this has been and continues to be, I really need to spend some time in Italy, practicing every day with locals and immersing myself in both the language and the culture. A four-week intensive course in Rome would do just this by providing me with daily tuition and by throwing me into encounters with Italians each and every day.

    It would mean the world to me to be able to spend a whole month in Rome this summer and I'm confident that I would return to the UK a fluent speaker of Italian. Please help me achieve my dream by donating whatever you can afford. Grazie mille (many thanks!)

    Caleb

    Updates

    1

    • Caleb Sivyer6 months ago
      Caleb Sivyer

      Caleb Sivyer

      6 months ago
      Update from the Page owner

      Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. I am amazed that I've reached 25% in less than a week. If anyone else would like to contribute to this I would be grateful for whatever you can spare. I'm so excited at the prospect of improving my Italian in Rome this summer.

      Share this update to help us raise more

    7 months ago

    Caleb Sivyer started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 7/29/2019 17.11

    Supporters

    25

    • MD

      MD

      Jul 29, 2019

      A few quid towards off-setting some of that horribly expensive taxi fare. Hope the trip gets better now you know where your luggage is. Not jealous of your gelatos one bit. Ha.

    • Enrique

      Enrique

      Jul 1, 2019

      Gelato!!

      £20.00

    • Emily

      Emily

      Jul 1, 2019

      Thanks for mowing my lawn and for all the babysitting!

      £10.00

    • Christian Webb

      Christian Webb

      Jun 10, 2019

      buona fortuna!

      £3.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Jun 3, 2019

      Avanti!

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      May 29, 2019

      Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me.

    • Emma

      Emma

      May 27, 2019

      Good luck Caleb! Have a fantastic time!

    Great people make things happen

    Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

    Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

    About Crowdfunding
    About the fundraiser
    Caleb Sivyer

    Caleb Sivyer

    Report this Page