Weʼve raised £405 to volunteer and teach children in Fiji
- Funded on Wednesday, 12th June 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
In June after finally finishing my 4 years at uni I will be heading to Fiji to volunteer for a month where I will be living with a Fijian family, fully immersed into the day to day life. In rural Fiji 75% of children live in poverty so I will be teaching in a school as well as helping with sports coaching and other aspects of development. During the 4 weeks I will:
- Teach children in a remote local school, delivering lessons to improve literacy and numeracy education. This is based on the Fijian governments aims where schools are lacking staff as well as basic resources like books and pens.
- Coaching sports sessions in a range of different activities to help children develop and improve, as well as helping to provide them with sports equipment.
- Supporting development within art, dance and drama in the community, as well as helping them to learn more and express themselves creatively.
Any donation is really appreciated and will make a huge difference in allowing me to go on this trip which will help directly change the lives of Fijian children. The first £400 raised will go directly to Think Pacific, and if there’s anything left over it will go towards helping me cover my own fees for the trip so I can get out and make this happen. Think Pacific is a registered Fijian charity, working hand in hand with the Fijian Government, and by donating you are helping them to continue to achieve goals such as:
- 14 health clinics built since 2009
- Seen a 40% improvement in literacy in Summer 16
- Built 72 Kindergartens
- Seen a 600% increase in sports participation
- 60 building projects created
- 10,000 children supported each year
If you want to know any more then visit the Think Pacific website or watch the following video!
Updates appear here
Cody Dhnoa started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 4, 2019
Here's a little bit from your nephew 💜 xx
Jun 4, 2019
Hope you have the best time!
May 29, 2019
end of university present!
May 17, 2019
Monies raised from cake sale and a little bit from mom 🙌
May 17, 2019
Apr 5, 2019
Apr 3, 2019
good luck mate hope you have an amazing time x
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding