Weʼve raised £730 to Help fund my trip to Nepal 2019; to work on poverty reduction projects in a school and provide disaster relief to Gurkha pensioners.
- Funded on Saturday, 1st December 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Hi, my name is Cecilia and I'm 16 years old.
I'm going to be part of a school trip to Nepal in March, 2019, which is supported by the NGO Global Action (http://globalactionnepal.org). The cost is £3000, and whilst I'm undertaking fundraising activities inside and outside of school, I would really appreciate any donations available to fund my trip.
Whilst out there, our team will work on a well-planned poverty-reduction project with a poor community school outside Kathmandu. This could involve one of the following:
* Provision of Safe Drinking Water: installing the community’s first piped drinking water system, and directly contributing to lowering infant mortality and disease.
* Constructing sanitation and hygiene units: providing a hygienic environment to improve pupil morale and health, and increase class attendance – thereby improving education levels in the local area.
* School Classroom: building a new school classroom or extensive renovation of old classrooms. Often this introduces, for the first time, public education in the community.
Your money will go to extremely important causes; not only to better improve quality of life to school children, but also to the Gurkha Welfare Trust, through providing disaster relief and medical camps, and support to Gurkha pensioners. Your donation will also be immensely appreciated by the various other charities and organisations that Global Action supports, such as:
* The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) in Kathmandu, which serves 8 countries of the Hindu Kush Himalayas to strengthen livelihoods, and protect communities from the effects of climate change.
* The Annapurna Conservation Area Project has established rules for kerosene use where firewood is prohibited, brought about clean water and sanitation, and solar and micro-hydro energy.
* Kopan Buddhist Monastery, which houses 740 Tibetan refugee monks and nuns. Donations at Kopan go directly to support their projects in remote mountain areas, including an orphanage, animal sanctuary, and health clinic.
* The UK Department for International Development (DFID), to learn how our UK Government is reducing poverty and helping people to access health and education in Nepal.
Once again, I cannot express how important and valued all contributions are.
Many thanks for taking a look at my Crowdfunding Page!
- 1 year ago
Cecilia Lockyer1 year ago
Share this update to help us raise more
Cecilia Lockyer started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 14, 2018
Good luck and have a wonderful time!
Apr 6, 2018
Good luck Cecilia. Hope you have an amazing time and a wonderful experience. xPaul & Jeanette x
Mar 14, 2018
Good luck Cecilia!! Brave lady! From Charlene xx
Mar 5, 2018
I am sure you will have a great time, probably a humbling experience also.... Enjoy
Mar 5, 2018
Mar 5, 2018
Good Luck Cecilia! fantastic cause well done!!
Mar 3, 2018
Good luck with your adventure.
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding