Weʼve raised £0 to help provide computers, sewing machines and PV solar equipment to Chitipa Community Training Centre in Mzuzu, Malawi.
- Closed on Wednesday, 2nd October 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Chitipa Based Community Training Centre (CBCT) exists to reduce poverty and unemployment in Chitipa district by providing vocational training to the people in the area. CBCT recognises that many adults in the area have not had the opportunity to undergo any tertiary training and many youths are currently facing similar problems. They have the capability to learn and contribute greatly to the local economy, but the Malawi has only few technical colleges which are not only far from Chitipa but also too expensive for most of the people.
The objectives of the Centre are:
• To impart innovative and sustainable skills among the youth and women to help and improve their standard of living in Malawi.
• To enhance diverse technical skills in the community and to provide a basic qualification which will allow all people, regardless of their background, to be part of the information technology society
• To promote awareness and the need to conserve the environment and to promote sustainability in the community with skills that would improve their financial status.
• To promote and encourage the youth and women to go back to secondary school.
Updates appear here
Piers Cooper started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding