We did it!

Christy McIntyre raised £81 from 11 supporters.

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 18/12/2016

8%
£81raised of £1,000 target by 11 supporters

    Weʼve raised £81 to Help celebrate Aprils 5 YEARS CANCER FREE milestone in February 2017 beating her 30% chance of survival and 90% relapse chance

    Location
    Didcot, United Kingdom
    Time left
    Funded on Sunday, 18th December 2016

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is the new way to raise money for a personal cause on JustGiving.

    Story

    April was 7 weeks old when she was diagnosed with Infant Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, she was given a 3/10 survival chance.
    After seeing 3 different GPs we were unsatisfied with their uncertainty of Aprils symptoms, the last GP we saw told us to come back in 2 weeks and she would check her again but something told me to go to A & E later that evening, early next morning our world was turned upside down and April was admitted as an inpatient and started treatment straight away, we were told if we waited 2 weeks she would have died!
    After months of chemotherapy followed by a bone marrow transplant and a 10 day stay in intensive care on life support after contracting an Ecoli infection April was finally allowed home 4 months after her transplant and 11 months after her first being diagnosed.
    We were told she had a 90% chance the cancer could return but as more time passed the chance would decrease and when she reached 5 years the chance of the blood cancer returning was 10% or less, so we have decided to celebrate her 5 year milestone with a suprise gift of being a princess for the day.
    April didn't have the chance to have a 'normal' first year of life and is often left behind because she is a great deal smaller than other children her age due to her life saving treatment.
    All donations will be greatly appreciated and any extra money raised will go to charities that helped us through the most difficult time of our lives: CLIC Sargent, Family fund, Ronald McDonald house.

    Thank you. ❤

    Updates

    1

    • Christy McIntyre

      Christy McIntyre

      10 months ago

      Christy McIntyre

      Thank you to those who have donated so far it is very much appreciated. We are only 3% into our target of £1000 so please donate a little and share with friends and family everywhere. April fought the toughest fight ever at 7 WEEKS OLD, she was given a 30% survival chance and we won't be able to help her celebrate 5 years on with out your help. Thank you ❤

      Share this update to help us raise more

    10 months ago

    Christy McIntyre started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Supporters

    11

    • Kaye

      Kaye

      Nov 9, 2016

      Best Wishes xxx

      £10.00

    • Veronica  Dallas

      Veronica Dallas

      Nov 8, 2016

      Fingers crossed you reach your target, she so deserves to be a princess xx

      £10.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Oct 17, 2016

      £2.00

    • Emma Ives

      Emma Ives

      Oct 17, 2016

      Christy i really wish i could afford to donate big amounts. Money is so so tight but I've literally emptied my account to try help. Fingers crossed people can find some. Even if it a tiny bit like us

      £4.00

    • Afraa Farhat

      Afraa Farhat

      Oct 11, 2016

      £10.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Sep 27, 2016

      £5.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Sep 27, 2016

      Hi. I've seen April at school what a lovely girl she is. Also must be a very brave and strong fighter.

      £5.00

    About the fundraiser
    Christy McIntyre

    Christy McIntyre

    Didcot, United Kingdom

    No words can describe the feeling of being told your child has cancer! Everything around you just stops, you wish you could take it away and fight for them, but you can't, you feel hopeless. April has smiled throughout her treatment and has so far beat the odds. My miracle girl!

    Report this Page

    * JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.

    Great people make things happen

    Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

    Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

    Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding