Weʼre raising £20,000 to help secure a bright, strong and long-lasting future for Coverack Primary School
- Coverack, Cornwall
Don't have time to donate right now?
Ensure our children can continue to go to school in Coverack
A lovely big playing field overlooking the sea. Jumping into the harbour after school. School trips walking down to the beach to look for fossils. Energetic, dynamic teachers creating imaginative learning experiences that kids talk about for days afterwards…
At the heart of the community, Coverack Primary School offers children from our beautiful corner of The Lizard peninsula a great education and a truly memorable childhood.
Since 1876, countless generations of people have cherished their school days at Coverack.
The school is at the heart of the year-round community in this popular holiday destination.
But spiralling house prices and the current lack of affordable housing for local families means the school needs our help to ensure future generations of children can have the same memorable school experiences.
While our amazing community worked incredibly hard to get a positive outcome from the recent consultation – securing full KS1 and KS2 provision for two more years' minimum – we're now raising money to enrich the school and attract new families to help give Coverack an even stronger and longer lasting future.
Specifically, we want to:
• Introduce wrap-around care, to support our hard-working parents and make the school an even more enticing option for working parents considering sending their children to Coverack.
• Provide new indoor and outdoor play equipment.
• Enhance the children’s educational and life experiences through a range of new activities and after-school clubs – from paddleboarding in the bay to nature walks on the cliffs; music and theatre workshops to animation and coding classes; creative writing with published authors to forest school and gardening in our lovely school field.
• Explore additional parking options to make the area around the school safer for children at drop-off and pick-up.
• Support village events that the children play key part in – such as the Christmas lights and carnival – that bring the whole community together.
All funds raised will be administered by Coverack School PTFA (Parents, Teachers and Friends Association) and Coverack Space 2000.
Share this story
Updates appear here
Helen Gilchrist started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 18, 2022
Keep up the good work!
May 14, 2022
May 13, 2022
Alex & Claire J
May 13, 2022
May 13, 2022
Window stickers x
Apr 17, 2022
Colin and Thelma
Oct 16, 2021
Good luck !
Become a supporter
Help Helen Gilchrist raise more
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.