Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

We did it!

Sunday Popo-Ola raised £2,992 from 53 supporters

or

Start your own crowdfunding page

Closed 30/04/2019

0

%

£2,992raised of £2,500 target by 53 supporters

    Weʼve raised £2,992 to in total to help fund Creative Futures Workshop – Achieving Your Potential. We need £1645 for STEM workshop for Creative Futures@Trinidad.

    La Brea, Trinidad and Tobago
    Funded on Tuesday, 30th April 2019

    What is crowdfunding?

    Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.

    The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.

    Story

    Following a successful and ambitious STEM event for 420 Jamaican schoolchildren which was was held in March 2018 in Jamaica and similar event in Nigeria in August 2018 with 115 students. These workshops cover primary schools and secondary schools in these countries. The students were mostly from Grades 5 & 6 but some were in high school Grade 10. This inspired us to start Creative Future@Africa by spreading the workshop all over Africa countries, the first of which will be Nigeria in August 2018 (and we managed to raised £2855 through Just Giving) and hence the reason we are asking for your support. We are therefore raising £1645 to increase our total fund raised to £4500 for 2018.

    Creative Futures - Trinidad is a 2 days-long event. It is designed to inspire pupils in STEM. It aims to show students their potential and encourage them to learn about STEM subjects, and perceive higher education as something they would want. The framework for the event is that it was part of Science and Engineering Taster Week, hence the ability to find audiences in so many locations and in such numbers.

    The structure of the event is fixed. “Creative Futures: Achieving Your Potential” suits students aged 9-11 years. It includes the presenters acting as role models, mentors and inspirational speakers. The focus of the student experience is upon helping the pupils to use their FOUR-C thinking: Critical thinking in order to work Collaboratively and Communicate their Creativity while working in a team (4Cs).

    Updates

    1

    • Sunday Popo-Ola10 months ago
      Sunday Popo-Ola

      Sunday Popo-Ola

      10 months ago
      Update from the Page owner

      Dear all, I thank all 23 of you who have contributed to this fund-raising. We are now almost 70% towards our target and needed the remaining 30% by the end of next week. I will be grateful if you can please forward the link to your friends, family and colleagues so that we can meet our target. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/creative-future-nigeria/update Thanks you, Dr P.

      Share this update to help us raise more

    1 year ago

    Sunday Popo-Ola started crowdfunding

    Leave a message of support

    Page last updated on: 12/21/2018 11.32

    Supporters

    53

    • Mark Lawson

      Mark Lawson

      Dec 21, 2018

      Good work Sunday. It is best to give to targeted actions like this.

      £30.00

    • Marie Mbilu -Mumanyi

      Marie Mbilu -Mumanyi

      Nov 21, 2018

      Keep it up brother!!

      £107.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Aug 21, 2018

      From a person grateful for the empowerment bestowed upon me by a higher education, and wishing success to this educational endeavour.

      £200.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Aug 21, 2018

      This is a very worthy cause. Welldone Sir!

    • Mark Davies

      Mark Davies

      Aug 15, 2018

      Well done Sunday, keep up the good work, regards mark davies

      £10.00

    • Raphael Olarewaju

      Raphael Olarewaju

      Aug 9, 2018

      £50.00

    • Anonymous

      Anonymous

      Aug 8, 2018

    Great people make things happen

    Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?

    Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!

    About Crowdfunding
    About the fundraiser
    Sunday Popo-Ola

    Sunday Popo-Ola

    La Brea, Trinidad and Tobago

    Dr Sunday Popo-Ola is the creator of an initiative called Creative Futures - Achieving your Potential. It is design to inspire School kids to study STEM subjects at all levels of education.

    Report this Page