Weʼve raised £230 to help deaf orphans in Uganda receive the physical, psychological and educational needs in their school.
- Funded on Monday, 13th August 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Imagine you or one of your children are between the ages of 4-11 years old and have been deaf since birth.
You have been disowned or abandoned by your family because they do not believe that you can be helped. (With some children they are left on the streets to fend for themselves, hungry and homeless.)
IF you do go to a deaf school, you are living in a dilapidated building and the only way of communication is through sign language. However when it gets dark (usually 6pm) you cannot talk to anyone because there is no electricity due to power shortages and you cant see what anyone is saying and you cant hear any sounds either...all alone and scared!
Some of these children are also deaf-blind too and communication is even worse, sometimes not even having anyone communicating with them for days on end. This is where you can help....
I work as part of a team as a sign language interpreter and helped certain organisations with raising money so they can help in these areas.
We help support very young deaf children in Uganda with their personal, education and physical needs.
1) We provide equipment such as hearing aids, computers and other tools and instruments to help them with their education.
2) Beds and mosquito netting to protect/reduce the threat of malaria to the children while they sleep. The current mattresses are infested with bugs, fleas and mosquitoes which are making the children very poorly. To make matters worse, neither parents nor the centre have the money to treat the illn a profound contribution to the children’s welfare.
3) Psychological and Deaf Awareness training for the teachers.
4) Provision of solar panels to these schools so that when it becomes dark they have a storage of electricity to keep the lights on and feel safe and continue to communicate.
Additionally we give lessons in hand hygiene, feminine hygiene and other life skills.
Please support me with your donations. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure.
Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. So please dig deep and donate now.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Updates appear here
Justin Warren started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 7, 2018
Apr 30, 2018
Great cause, all the best with reaching the target
J. Steven Richardson
Apr 24, 2018
Apr 20, 2018
Well done you 👌🏻
Apr 20, 2018
So admire what you stand for Justin, on so many levels. Wish you good luck with your venture
Apr 20, 2018
Justin, you’re always inspiring. Thank you for being this kind of person. Wish you the best with your goal 🙌🏻
Apr 19, 2018
Wonderful work Justin! Love it!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
My personal lifetime mission is to reduce the amount of children living on the streets throughout the world! No child should ever feel unloved, unwanted or unsafe! This is the first of many projects that I can and will do something about it. Thank you for making this come true!