Weʼve raised £0 to Help fund children who can't hear properly. this includes special lessons for the child and there parents can get to learn sign language.
- Closed on Sunday, 12th August 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
I am doing this to help out this amazing charity. The founders Karen and Brian Jackson work so hard to keep this fabulous charity afloat. My family and I go to all of Cssef ( chloe's and sophie's special ear fund), which obtains anything from fun days to black tie events. I have seen first hand the hard work that Karen, Brian and their team have put into this and they will never stop. All money goes towards helping Raise Deaf Awareness in the local community;
- Enhance the sound acoustics in classrooms and school halls, for deaf children in mainstream schools through specialist equipment and materials.
- Provide resources and equipment to deaf children to support their emotional wellbeing.
We are passionate about raising deaf awareness in the local community. We do this through:
- Providing deaf awareness sessions in schools, companies, and after school clubs;
- Providing deaf awareness story resources to schools, pre-schools and nurseries;
- Providing schools, scouts, rainbows, beavers, brownies and local businesses with deaf
- Hosting Deaf Awareness Workshops four times a year;
- Visit local schools to give FREE Deaf Awareness story books to school children. Every child gets to choose a book of their choice and keep it.
To improve the sound acoustics we can:
- Provide Sound Clouds in school halls and/or classrooms;
- Provide hessian for the back of noticeboards;
- Provide thick pile rugs;
- Provide radio aids, soundfield systems and more to improve the sound with technology.
Provide resources and equipment to Deaf Children to support their emotional wellbeing. We do this through:
- Have a Toy Like Me, a small plush teddy with Hearing Aid, Baha or Cochlear Implants;
- Provide suitable riding bike helmets;
- Deaf Friendly Swimming Lessons;
- Cochlear Implant Aqua Covers;
- Parents access and funding to learn BSL Level 1 and BSL Level 2;
- Provide vibrating watches and alarm clocks. And to top it all off it helps families communicate again by way of sign language.
Updates appear here
Dean Harrison started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding