Weʼve raised £430 to Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme (KCCP) towards providing child play therapy and towards a dedicated children’s summer project
- Dublin, Ireland
- Funded on Thursday, 27th September 2018
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
On the 8th and 9th June twenty people are going to cycle from Dublin to Wexford over 140 kilometres in an effort to raise funds for Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme / Youth Matters. They range from experienced cyclists to people who have never cycled further than down the road.
Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme / Youth Matters provides a range of community services (see www.kccp.ie ) including youth, family support, community counselling and rehabilitation programmes. In 2008 Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme had its core funding cut. In the last two years there has been a partial restoration but this does not take into account the increase in numbers of people using the services. In the period from 2008 to 2017 the number on our structure rehabilitation programmes has risen from nineteen to twenty-nine and those availing of the community counselling service (free and confidential) has risen from twenty-eight to one hundred and forty-six. Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme has also in this period set up a Parent and Toddler group with no dedicated stream of funding.
The money raised will go towards providing child play therapy and towards a dedicated children’s summer project. For further information please contact Marian at 01-8324516. Any donation you can make would be greatly appreciated.
See below details of the services provided.
(1) Adult Drug &Alcohol Rehabilitation Service - A structured, community based rehabilitation programme, providing education, training, personal development, counselling and support. KCCP recognises that recovery requires a diverse approach, to enable individuals to meet the challenges involved in recovering from drug and alcohol misuse. Each week fifteen people benefit from this programme.
(2) The Reach-Out Project - This project targets young people in the eighteen to twenty-five age groups who are experiencing problems with cannabis, alcohol and tablets. It is run over four afternoons per week (19 ½ hours per week) and at present there are fourteen on this programme.
(3) Youth Matters - Youth Matters is a programme for young people between 8-20yrs, providing a range of stimulating and varied activities, age appropriate games, informal life skills, activities including summer projects, trips away, fun days etc. A teenage drop-in is held each week. Youth Matters links in with one hundred and forty young people every week rising to two hundred and thirty in the summer months.
(4) Substance Abuse Services Specific to Youth - KCCP has linked in with Substance Abuse Services Specific to Youth (SASSY) who provide specialist counselling for adolescent drug users.
(5) Parent and Family Support Services - KCCP recognises that drug/alcohol use affects the whole family and the community as well. KCCP offers a variety of supports to family members affected by drug/alcohol misuse, offering information, advice and support. Drugs awareness courses, counselling and acupuncture are also provided. The St. John Parent Support group meets every Wednesday night at 8pm.
(6) Counselling & Referral Service - KCCP offers a counselling and referral service, open to everybody in the Kilbarrack community. A variety of counselling approaches are used to deal with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, trauma and addiction, etc. A referral service to HSE and other organisations is also provided.
(7) Parent and Toddler Group- KCCP runs a Parent Toddler Group every Thursday between 10.30 am -12.30 pm. The group offers support and developmental play with children between 0-4yrs. Open to all Parents and Toddlers in the Kilbarrack area.
Updates appear here
Lorcan Byrne started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Dan & Sarah
Jun 20, 2018
Good work guys!
Jun 14, 2018
For the bint!
Jun 12, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
Jun 11, 2018
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding