Weʼre raising £110,000 to Educate the underprivileged with Mahak Foundation
- Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Adarsh Bal Mandir School ('ideal children's temple' in Hindi) is a charitable primary school which provides education and a means of support to underprivileged children and women, in the town of Aligarh, India.
In providing an education and basic human rights such as food, we, at Mahak foundation, feel this is the best way to help them come out of poverty and become self-reliant.
Mahak foundation was created by a family from Aligarh in the hope that we can provide opportunities to better the lives of the poorest people of Aligarh.
With your generous donations we aim to:
1. Provide a healthy lunch for each child (this is often their only meal for the day).
2. Supply the children with books, pencils and uniforms
3. Build a clean running water supply
4. Install separate toilets for girls and boys
5. Renovate and expand the school to accommodate more children in a more secure building
In addition to educating children, the school trains women from poor backgrounds in basic literacy and vocational skills such as tailoring and embroidery to make them self-sufficient and valuable members of the society.
Please help us to give hope of a brighter future that could otherwise end in a life of crime, destitution and homelessness.
For more information please visit: Mahak foundation website
Share this story
Updates appear here
Manvi Mittal started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Hi! I am a doctor working in the UK but I was born in the town of Aligarh, India. Seeing the extent of poverty in India is devastating and I want to change that. With your help, we, at Mahak foundation, can push to make a change in this society and the lives of poor children.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.