Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Over the last decade, Chorlton has become an affluent area and is known for being home to many artists, musicians and skilled professionals. It is time to bring existing community work together into an online hub and encourage more partnership work and cross-participation.
1) The website chplus.uk will provide a free database of local community groups and an accompanying calendar.
2) We're running an online shop selling the work of local artists – chplus.uk/shop
3) We will help individuals or groups evolve their interests into sustainable, self-led community features.
4) We will bring residents’ professional skills and abilities to the benefit of the wider community by running workshops and events on a ‘pay-what-you-feel’ model, which will allow for lower income families and individuals to take part.
We work on an asset-based community development model (ABC), aiming to provide support for existing self-led community groups with elements such as venue hire and social media/marketing support.
Some funding is required to get the organisation off the ground – this will cover administrative costs, website consultation, materials for events, materials to assist with the shop branch of the organisation and refunding volunteer travel expenses. All financial expenses will be made publicly available on the website quarterly.
Share this story
- 1 month ago
Ellie Page1 month ago
CH+ will: - Provide an online database of community ventures and resources for self-led groups - Offer free advice and support to existing and potential groups in the community - Organize exhibitions of, and the sale of, artwork by local artists from in and around the community who do not currently have representation for their work - Run a variety of ad-hoc workshops, events and day-trips for adults and young people in the area
Share this update to help us raise more
Ellie Page started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
I graduated in 2015 from Oxford University and am currently studying a part-time MA in Social Work. Unfortunately I have to take a year out due to ongoing disability and poor health. CH Plus is going to be my full time project after I have major surgery in September. Thank you.
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.