Weʼve raised £442 to Help fund a much needed ambulance in a heavily populated town where emergency services are inadequate, poverty is rife & healthcare is poor
- Manchester, United Kingdom
- Health and medical
- Time left
- Funded on Friday, 17th November 2017
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered charity.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are planning on raising funds to purchase an ambulance in the town of Mamukanjan, District Faisalabad. The town has insufficient emergency services, which often results in delayed or no emergency treatment to the many poor people living there. This has resulted in numerous deaths which could have been avoided with earlier intervention. The funds will be spent on purchasing a fully equipped ambulance vehicle which will be operated as an NGO. Full story below:
- The town has a population of approx 70,000 people and is situated between Faisalabad, Sahiwal and Kamalia. Often people have to travel long distances to these other regions to receive adequate healthcare. The travel itself is challenging
- There was an ambulance provided by the Punjab Govt which went for repairs but has never been returned. In 2015, the Municipal committee of the town were promised funds from the government to be put towards emergency transport services, however to date no funds have been received
- Now there is only one ambulance providing emergency transport and healthcare which is owned and operated by a private/third party welfare organisation. However due to the population size and poverty related illnesses as well as general ailments, this puts a lot of stress on the one current ambulance
- The 70,000 population is tended to locally by one rural health centre and this centre itself does not have adequate facilities and it has next to nothing in terms of medical assistance services/aid
- The vast majority of people in Mamukanjan are living well below the poverty line and cant afford private healthcare. This ambulance will provide a free service
- £9000 is the minimum funds required to purchase an ambulance with vital equipment. We are hoping to raise more funds to further equip the ambulance and to continue supporting it's life saving services
- This cause is close to home as a relative's newborn passed away due to the slow response and the ambulance not having an oxygen mask
- 6 months ago
Safina Khan6 months ago
Thank you to all who have donated thus far. We have yet to achieve our target but are very grateful to all those joining in our efforts. We would like to also thank those who have forwarded donatations through other means other than just giving. Please continue to spread the message & continue to donate! :)
Share this update to help us raise more
Safina Khan started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Sep 24, 2017
Aug 29, 2017
Aug 26, 2017
May Allah (SWT) grant those in need complete Shifa alongside a speedy recovery. Ameen. I hope that you reach your goal very soon. Insha Allah.
Aug 4, 2017
Aug 2, 2017
Aug 2, 2017
Aug 2, 2017
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hi, my name is Safina. Together with my Husband & family, we want to reach out and help less fortunate people in any way we can. We have worked voluntarily on projects to help the needy in areas affected by war/instability, flooding, earthquakes and various other welfare projects
* JustGiving crowdfunders pay a small fee for our service. Find out how much it is and what we do for it.