Weʼve raised £0 to Alarm device for Epileptic Dogs - serial production after a succesfull prototype test
- Closed on Friday, 6th December 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Surely You have already heard about the cronic brain disorder called epilepsy wich unfortunately affects pets, not humans only and about how stressful, suffering and tragic it can be for an owner or a family.
This disorder can make any humans' and warm-blooded beings' lives, even though it can be treated by a specialist's personalized antiepileptic therapy. Whether the therapy is running or not it can be extremely dangerous to have this disorder, because innocent-looking things like weather or constant mental statement can also generate any seizures in a minute.
Dr Gabriella Kiss is one of the most highly-recommended and highly-qualified vet epileptologists of Hungary, also the co-founder of the Foundation for Dogs with Epilepsy for 30 years. Even Dr Kiss herself, who works with excellent vet collegues to solve epileptic pets' cases, belives in the power of knowing all the symptoms and seizures. Well we can not make the brain behave to tell us when a seizure comes, however it would be indispensable to know as many seizures as possible.
It would be important by several reasons:
1. In case of a constant antieplieptic therapy, it can be a life-safer to get the right medication in time and the best time would be way before the seizure - this is something that any human patients can also confirm.
2. The so-called seizure frequency (how many times a seizure comes) can be the key in the medical investigation for any specialists to find the prognosis out. Prognosis means the " seeing the future " of an illness. This is how epileptologists and vet epileptologists could help the most or even save an other life.
3. Epilepsy disorder is basically just an electric storm in the brain. Normally (in a healthy brain) each and every nervecells get the right amount of bioelectricity for functioning, but a brain with epilepsy is not able anymore to manage the place and the portion of this so the storm won't stop untill we can't get the normal working back. This is called an epileptic seizure and it is obvious how much irreversible damage can be caused in the brain. Antiepileptic therapy is not only for stopping the actual seizure but to prevent brain from these damaging.
4. When a therapy is succesfull (in the most percents of the cases) a patient can handle his own toughts and emotions, the quality of his life is normal or better and he is also balanced enough to take his own medication daily. In an ideal case he is also free from seizures but even he has a few of them, he is able or quick enough to get the emergency therapy in time. Or alarm anyone when he feels it's coming.
5. There is no (much) problem with emergency communication since epilepsy is even mentioned in the history of mankind, because a human patient can give at least a sign of emergency (verbally, non-verbally to strangers, family members, friends, anyone) and can get his medication faster, but a pet is "muted" so we are all responsible for recognizing a sign of something wrong.
How much easier it would be if something could scream "SOS" to the owners instead of the pets?
EpiDress® Security has been invented for dogs, cats and also horses and it's main function is to be a bridge between our beloved animals and us, as an alarming device.
According to our experiences most of the owners had to change their plans, their workplaces or even their schedules to fit them into a life of their epileptic pets. They wanted to be watching over them each and every day but we all know that it is impossible to be alert for 0-24 hours every day, especially when our pet has a type of epilepsy that only comes in form of night seizures when we are asleep. Or the pet spends the night in the garden out there and the seizure is just unseen or unheard.
EpiDress® Security has been invented and implemented by the owner of a puppy with epilepsy, the owner's name is Mr Attila Kőszegi, who spent this last two years to perfect the prototype of EpiDress on his pet, Charon. Mr Kőszegi's goal was to help himself register each and every seizures so he was consulting with Dr Kiss for months before (and after) he started this project. As a specialist Dr Kiss explained him how important is to get the most punctual seizure dates, intervalls and symptomes from the owners and how hard is that to note all of them, because of the night times or holidays or even a simple working day when the pet is all alone. So Mr Kőszegi spent most of his time to know this disorder and to filter the most importnat physiological parameters that could help epileptologists like Dr Kiss to stand a prognosis or a diagnosis.
For that he needed to create an application when he made a personal profile for his pup, Charon and investigate what are the most communicative parameters for a doctor. This application is connected to the actual device and send a diary of seizures in choosen intervalls.
These are the number of breaths, the muscles seizing frequency, the pulse and the maximum of the motion intensity.
When someone bought his devices, one of our professional collegues will deliver it to the adress, where the first thing will be to personalize the application and the EpiDress and to show the owner how it works. Our collegue will set the normal parameters of the pet patient and also will spend hours to observe him/her (watching the changes of the numbers in every situation) just to make sure the device works punctually.
This is how EpiDress becomes the main alarming device not only for an epileptic seizure but for any chocking or allergic seizure, where breathing and muscle motions can change.
The application contains a medical meteorology diary wich updates itself, so the application can show you an essential overview of the pet's seizure frequency compared against to the weather changes so the owner can see clearly for wich changes his pet is sensitive to. These details are really communicative for a specialist who knows enough about epilepsy and he/she will know how to facilitate the suffering of the patient.
What our application is for?
- Breathing monitor
- Muscle seizing monitor
- SOS emergency message to the owner
- Medical meteorology and updating
- Motion intensity monitor
- Personalized profile for the pet
- Bluetooth / Wifi connection
- Emergency phone numbers
We belive that epileptic pets deserve a special amount of safety and awareness.
Thank you if you fund our project!
Learn more: www.epidress.com
Updates appear here
Attila Kőszegi started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding