Weʼve raised £430 to Support a beautiful coarse fishery in Evesham (not a commercial). Evesham Jubilee Fishing Society requires funding to re-stock fish.
- Bishampton Worcestershire
- Funded on Friday, 26th July 2019
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
We are a Fishing Society in the heart of the beautiful Worcestershire countryside and were founded over 120 years ago in 1897. Our club has an abundance of wildlife and natural beauty. We are not a commercial fishery and we offer an affordable annual membership to benefit all ages, genders and abilities. We have recently added 5 accessible pegs and are encouraging full participation for less able anglers including reviewing the rules for match anglers. We need to at least maintain our membership at around 100 anglers. If you are interested in joining our club or just want to learn more about the fishery please go to Evesham Jubilee Fishing Society est 1897
So why do we need funding for fish? There are a few reasons:
1. We are not a commercial fishery and offer a very affordable annual membership fee of £50, this only partly covers the rent of the fishery. To get the remainder we offer fishing matches for £8 to £10, with £2 per angler going to the club funds. These low fees make our fishery affordable for the whole community. Unfortunately this doesn't leave any extra money for fish stocking.
2. We have suffered from Comorants arriving in numbers during the winter eating our small fish. They hunt in packs and are specialists at it. This means if we re-stock it has to be bigger fish and these are more expensive.
3. We have Carp in our two main pools and they don't feed during the winter. We want to add (cormorant safe sized) Bream to enable our members to enjoy catching even during the cold months.
If you have a passion for traditional fishing clubs, like to keep the countryside less commercial or just want to help then please donate to this worthy cause.
The owners are supporting the members and have completed recent work at the fishery. Very invasive Bull Rushes had taken over and work has been completed to remove them and enable native species to thrive.
Here are some more pictures of our stunning fishery. Help us survive for many years with a donation.
Updates appear here
mark court started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Apr 12, 2019
This is from Jenny who bought Tony Hemming's donated fishing rods. Total £70
Apr 8, 2019
This is the anonymous donation from the loaner of the first Bream payment. £1150 loaned and the fish fund will payback £1050.
Apr 7, 2019
2 Anonymous donations from fishing match 07/04/2019
Apr 3, 2019
Roy section money
Apr 1, 2019
Keep up your good work. Every little helps.
Mar 31, 2019
My Mother Patricia wishes to make her donation through me. She wants one of the fish to have my name on it, and let me catch it every match. Thanks Mom xx
Mar 30, 2019
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
I am currently the secretary of the club and feel passionately about the benefit our fishery gives to all walks of life in the community. I started fishing with my grandad when I was around 6 years old and have fond memories. I want others to experience the same joy as I feel.