Weʼre raising £30,000 to to feed frontline communities and those experiencing food poverty in Bristol.
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
You've helped to feed the frontline!
Over this unprecedented time of national crisis, Bristol’s restaurant community have worked tirelessly to ensure as many people as possible get fed. We understand the power of food to sustain us when times get tough.
We wanted to make sure that vulnerable communities struggling to access good food, along with all frontline workers delivering long and difficult hours across the NHS, didn’t have to worry about cooking healthy, nutritious meals for themselves or their families.
Since we launched our campaign March 27th, we have:
- Raised more than £30,700 in donations and support from all of you. These donations were matched by Bristol artist Rob del Naja, who's artwork fire-sale raised more than £100,000 on our behalf!
- We have delivered more than 7,000 meals to frontline communities and NHS services so far
- Paid £28,000 to-date (£4 per meal) from the crowd-funder to Bristol’s independent restaurants and suppliers to help produce these meals.
- Delivered more than 700 weekly provisions boxes to foster-care leavers across the city, plus hosted online cook-alongs to help them use the ingredients
- Donated chefs and kitchens staff to the Caring in Bristol ‘Cheers Drive’ initiative, which has produced 35,000 meals for Bristol’s homeless citizens to-date
We have now achieved our crowd-funding target and will continue to feed vulnerable communities in Bristol until the end of June
See the website: Bristolfoodunion.org
Get the newsletter and see what we're doing with the funds you donate: https://bristolfoodunion.org/stay-informed-as-things-develop/
Share this story
Updates appear here
Bristol Food Union started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
May 25, 2020
Thank you so so much for Feeding the Frontline! Please continue to stay safe! 🙂🙏
Redcatch Community Garden
May 22, 2020
Keep up the good work
May 21, 2020
May 20, 2020
May 18, 2020
May 18, 2020
Thank you for all you are doing to keep us going!!
May 18, 2020
Thanks for all your amazing efforts xxx
Become a supporter
Help Bristol Food Union raise more
Crowdfunding stories like this
About the fundraiser
Bristol Food Union
Bristol Food Union is an informal collective of organisations, who have come together at a time of crisis to our feed our city & support our food communities. Convened by Food Union Media, Bristol Food Producers & a collective of Bristol's best independent restaurants