Weʼve raised £31,445 to to feed frontline communities and those experiencing food poverty in Bristol.
- Funded on Thursday, 23rd July 2020
Don't have time to donate right now?
You've helped to feed the frontline!
Over this unprecedented time of national crisis, Bristol’s restaurant community have worked tirelessly to ensure as many people as possible get fed. We understand the power of food to sustain us when times get tough.
We wanted to make sure that vulnerable communities struggling to access good food, along with all frontline workers delivering long and difficult hours across the NHS, didn’t have to worry about cooking healthy, nutritious meals for themselves or their families.
Since we launched our campaign March 27th, we have:
- Raised more than £30,700 in donations and support from all of you. These donations were matched by Bristol artist Rob del Naja, who's artwork fire-sale raised more than £100,000 on our behalf!
- We have delivered more than 7,000 meals to frontline communities and NHS services so far
- Paid £28,000 to-date (£4 per meal) from the crowd-funder to Bristol’s independent restaurants and suppliers to help produce these meals.
- Delivered more than 700 weekly provisions boxes to foster-care leavers across the city, plus hosted online cook-alongs to help them use the ingredients
- Donated chefs and kitchens staff to the Caring in Bristol ‘Cheers Drive’ initiative, which has produced 35,000 meals for Bristol’s homeless citizens to-date
We have now achieved our crowd-funding target and will continue to feed vulnerable communities in Bristol until the end of June
See the website: Bristolfoodunion.org
Get the newsletter and see what we're doing with the funds you donate: https://bristolfoodunion.org/stay-informed-as-things-develop/
Updates appear here
Bristol Food Union started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jun 26, 2020
From everyone in Heygroves and Cardiac Theatres thank you so much for all of our food, we throughly enjoyed it
Jun 10, 2020
Jun 10, 2020
thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work.
Jun 6, 2020
Jun 6, 2020
Jun 2, 2020
May 28, 2020
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Bristol Food Union
Bristol Food Union is an informal collective of organisations, who have come together at a time of crisis to our feed our city & support our food communities. Convened by Food Union Media, Bristol Food Producers & a collective of Bristol's best independent restaurants