Weʼve raised £140 to let me help at nasio trusts day care centre in western Kenya. The cost will help travel to Kenya, pay for accommodation and buy vaccines.
- International volunteering
- Time left
- Funded on Sunday, 19th February 2017
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised
During July 2017 I will be participating on a volunteering trip to Kenya for 17 days, helping out at two different Early Childhood Development day centres built for around 400 orphans and vulnerable children living in poverty. The staff at the centres provide food, education, medical care and clothing for all of the supported children, allowing them to become educated and provide a positive contribution back to the Kenyan society when in adulthood.
Both day centres (Noah's ark and St. Irene's) are situated in Mused in far western Kenya.
The NASIO Trust have a plan that by the year 2020, the centres will be completely self sustainable ensuring that the charity will not rely on donations and that the safety and security of the children is guaranteed for years to come - how many charities are that forward thinking?
Throughout my working visit, I will be helping improve and maintain both centres and supporting the schools to become self sustainable. I don't expect to be sitting around as I will be helping with community work (Teaching, feeding and entertaining the children), farming, and refurbishing the schools.
Your money will help me:
- travel to Kenya: this will include the bus journeys, flights and any other costs for the travel.
- accommodation: some of the money raise, will be paid directly to NASIO Trust, this will cover all accommodation aspects including food and running costs of the guest house.
- visa and vaccines: to visit and work in Kenya I will need to purchase a Kenyan visa, and the medical vaccines to stay healthy during my stay (I must admit, I'm not looking forward to the multiple injections and to take malaria tablets - these alone will cost around around £70)
Please not that NONE of this money will be donated or given to Nasio Trust your donation will pay for all my expenses so that I can work with NASIO Trust in Kenya.
Thank you for your generosity, and feel free to contact me to chat more about my venture,
Felix Churchill started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Nov 12, 2016
Good luck and good for you for participating
Nov 9, 2016
Good Luck Felix, it's an amazing opportunity, we hope you have a wonderful experience.
Kathryn, Imogen and Jamesy
Nov 4, 2016
I love reading a good Scout story. Good on you Felix, I will look forward to hearing all about it.
Nov 3, 2016
Great effort - good luck
Auntie R, Uncle R and mini R (ha ha) xx
Nov 3, 2016
Good luck Felix!
Crowdfunding stories like this
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!Start a new PageAbout Crowdfunding