Weʼve raised £7,620 to Walk the full length of the Jurassic coast in 4 days. 95 miles of undulating trail paths in bid to raise money for RivronStrong 1st-4th July
- Milford on Sea, Hampshire
- Funded on Monday, 30th August 2021
Don't have time to donate right now?
Since 2015 our friend Jo has been dealing with cancer, which has included many hospital stays, operations, radiotherapy, and constant chemotherapy which is ongoing as they continue to try and control the spread and side effects of the tumours. There are lots of drugs out there but nothing seems to be getting the cancer under control. In addition to Jo’s cancer, in June 2020 – mid Pandemic! – Matilda (Jo and Christian’s eldest daughter) was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia just 4 days before her 11th birthday and started her gruelling and intense course of chemotherapy – a horrific ordeal for anyone to go through, let alone a family who was already dealing with a cancer diagnosis in the family.
Rivronstrong is their family moto! Used to remind them that it is ok not be ok as well as knowing that it is ok to have fun, be happy and be positive – even on the bad days. Whilst they deal with difficult moments every day, they also use this mindset to continue to support their friends with their own struggles. Even though they are constantly struggling with cancer, they will not let it be their our daily focus, or define them.
They are Rivronstrong and we want to support them by raising money for the 8 charities that have been supporting them during their plight.
1. Piam Brown Children's Cancer Ward at Southampton General Hospital
All the staff continue to provide such amazing support to Matilda and the family. In ‘normal’ circumstances there would have been trips, days out, events and lots of socialising with other families in similar situations. Despite not being able to ‘mingle’ whilst on the ward, the staff have done everything they can to make sure everyone is able to relax and be looked after and keep the children smiling – as much as they can do.
2. Oakhaven Hospice Lymington, Hampshire
The Coates Centre, part of Oakhaven Hospice has been invaluable, providing us with ongoing support and counselling, the team are the unsung heroes to keeping the family sane! We also have many friends and family who been supported and cared for in and by this local hospice.
3. Other charities close to our hearts that we continue to support….
• The Little Princess Trust – providing children with real hair wigs when they lose their hair. Such a wonderful team and made the wig selection so easy – even though it was over Zoom – and the wig was perfect for Matilda and boosted her confidence!
• Supershoes empower children and young people fighting cancer in the UK, enhancing physical and emotional well-being while raising awareness along the way. Matilda has received a beautiful pair of personalised converse trainers which brought a big smile to her face.
• CLIC Sargent is the UK's leading cancer charity for children, young people and their families. The support this team provides is amazing. The team in Southampton are always available to a chat and support Matilda and us all along the way, pointing us in the right direction for emotional and financial support.
• Fight Like a Kid are a registered charity that supports children and their families through their cancer diagnosis. The gift that keeps on giving – Matilda and Amelie have received comfy beanbags with matching footstools, perfect for watching tv or relaxing with a good book.
• Maggie's Centre Southampton - Maggie’s offers the best possible support free to anyone with cancer and their families who walk through their doors. The new centre in Southampton is a lovely hub to sit and relax or to pick up information and talk to others.
• Wessex Cancer Trust offers a range of free cancer support services to help throughout the cancer journey. During the pandemic when the centres are not available to visit, they have moved their support to online and telephone, which has been equally as useful to help deal with the daunting information and situations we have to process.
On the 1st July we'll set off from Orcombe point Exmouth in an aim to walk 27 miles Lyme Regis. This covers the Devon part of the Jurassic coast. Day 2 we walk by the famous Broadchurch and 21 miles later arrive in Langton Herring. Day 3 we get up and walk to Mupe bay beach near the famous Lulworth Cove, then our final leg takes us to Studland where we hope to be clapped across the finish line by our nearest and dearest.
You can follow our us on Instagram to find out more about our training and preparation for this epic adventure and of course to find our more about how you can support #rivronstrong
Updates appear here
Alex and Diz started crowdfunding
Leave a message of support
Jul 15, 2021
Good luck with the walk, well done, and let's top this even further!
Jul 12, 2021
Amazing to have walked so far, congratulations. Love Col, Emily and co
Sue and Alex
Jul 11, 2021
Jul 10, 2021
Well done ladies! Xx
Jul 9, 2021
Jul 8, 2021
Amazing. We’ll done.
Jul 7, 2021
My lovely gardener Martin donated money
Crowdfunding is a new type of fundraising where you can raise funds for your own personal cause, even if you're not a registered nonprofit.
The page owner is responsible for the distribution of funds raised.
Great people make things happen
Do you know anyone in need or maybe want to help a local community cause?
Create you own page and donʼt let that cause go unfunded!About Crowdfunding
About the fundraiser
Alex and Diz
Milford on Sea, Hampshire
Hello! We are Alex and Diz . Two women who are stumbling into their forties after a decade of pregnancies, managing off spring , marriage highs and lows, countless diet plans and discovering the need for exercise, mental well being and doing something for themselves.